Strategy Here is a Title Tip

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by Buddy Shearer, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Buddy Shearer

Buddy Shearer Newbie Member TubeBuddy User

Look at the following line:

allintitle:"how to use tubebuddy" site:www.youtube.com

That command structure I will enter on Google. Depending on how many comes back in the results will determine if I use the keyword phrase in my title. In my example I am using "how to use tubebuddy" as my keyword phrase.

In my particular niche, I have had great results doing this to jump up several levels if not to the top 5. I tend to stay away from phrases when they are 10 or more videos UNLESS I know I can beat them on the long game. I also strive to ONLY use the keyword phrase and NOT add extra words. If the phrase is truly a phrase being searched by a gazillion people then that exact phrase will be a perfect fit.

Good luck!

Buddy

DragoNate and Paul like this.
  2. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Interesting. Thanks for the tip!

3. Jimmi Ellis

Jimmi Ellis Newbie Member

So do you 'not' use TB rankings info, at all, in your decision process what to target?

4. Damon

Damon Active Member TubeBuddy User

Okay, I see. I was wondering if I should only use the main keyword phrase and not add anything. I just tried! Yes, it really does give you a far more precise view of what is really ranking for exactly that keyword without the computer grabbing all kinds of videos that may not be targeting that specific keyword.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Buddy Shearer likes this.
  5. Buddy Shearer

I use everything at my disposal. But with this particular command
    if I see a potential keyword phrase and there are a bazillion titles
    using that phrase then unless something tells me otherwise I will
    probably pass on it. I like easy

I use TB, MorningFa.me and Keywords Everywhere - Keyword Tool (a Chrome extension)
    plus a few other goodies. I have a few other human social tricks that
    I use but I will hold those tight to the chest for now.

Buddy
    --- Post updated ---
    @Damon
    I would even go so far to create a few backlinks (3-5) using that exact phrase you found and you will be surprised at the staying power of the phrase.

Buddy

Damon likes this.
  6. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Pro

Good one @Buddy Shearer!
    Here's couple more video title tips sort of:

1) Always try and say your exact video title at the very beginning of your video if you can.
    2) Include the exact title at the beginning or near the beginning of your description.
    3) Make one of your tags your exact title too.

Doing all of these will make it really easy for the YouTube Algorithm to connect your content in all four crucial aspects of your video.

DragoNate and Damon like this.
  7. Buddy Shearer

@Damon
    I would even go so far to create a few backlinks (3-5) using that exact phrase you found and you will be surprised at the staying power of the phrase.

Buddy
    Hey @Damon

You are correct about zero results so that is why I use quite a few tools to REALLY justify the phrase I will target. I found a two new phrases earlier that just seemed too good to be true so I started a spreadsheet to track them from my other tools. One did not pan out at all. The second one, however, is having consistent results in Google and zero results in YouTube. If you do a lot of searches in Google on many different niches then you will see at least one YouTube video in the results and it will appear on the first page (in the Top 5).

I believe (like everyone is teaching in here) if the video can grab the attention, address the need and be entertaining then it stands a pretty good chance of gaining views and subscribers. I'm not a sales person by any stretch and I stink at selling. BUT I am told I am quite good at fleshing out good sound knowledge. So I am going to use that to my advantage.

I mentioned the first keyword phrase I have dropped. It had 3 results in YouTube. In Google, the results were changing by high ridiculous numbers. The results that were showing were VERY random no matter when I checked them. It just did not smell right to me.

I'm a process guy so I REALLY like analyzing and finding patterns.

Buddy

Ginger Lefty likes this.
  8. Damon

That's what so great about this: Everyone gets to use their strengths to grow their channels,

Buddy Shearer likes this.
  9. Buddy Shearer

Fingers are crossed now. I just published a new video using a deviation to this Title analysis theory and I put a pinch of MorningFa.me in for good measure. The goal is to reach outside of my niche to get more viewers. :)

Paul likes this.
  10. Ryan Nehse

Ryan Nehse New User

Hey bud, I'm new here and was just wondering if you could explain what you did in more detail. I'm getting better with SEO but my videos never reach 100 views. So just looking for some guide lines as to what you do or use.

Damon likes this.
  11. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Definitely gonna give this a go.
    So, this means you DON'T add anything extra to the title if the exact phrase you search for is good on its own?

Damon likes this.
  12. Buddy Shearer

That is what I am doing in my testing but I think there is a debate as to what other phrases can be used as well. MorningFa.me had a pretty good video that i liked but I am still searching for that secondary phrase. It's definitely something to consider imho.

Buddy

DragoNate and Paul like this.
  13. Damon

Na, you aren't stupid. Ongoing training and education is the name of the game these days.

Ryan, I used a keyword phrase that I have targeted in the past: cane pole fishing in Alabama.
    If your search for that in Google, you'll see my video come up first: https://www.google.com/search?sourc....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.1.105.0...0.590oBTYg5D0

But note you don't see anyone else using that keyword phrase. To refine the process a bit I add Buddy's line: allintitle:"interyourkeywordphrasehere" site:www.youtube.com In my case that's allintitle:"cane pole fishing in Alabama" site:www.youtube.com

What this does is show exactly who is using this keyword phrase in the title in YouTube only. It narrows down. Here is the result: https://www.google.com/search?ei=Ee4sW_a9GY3WzwK57Je4AQ&q=allintitle:"cane+pole+fishing+in+Alabama"+site:www.youtube.com&oq=allintitle:"cane+pole+fishing+in+Alabama"+site:www.youtube.com&gs_l=psy-ab.3...38530.41054.0.41343.7.7.0.0.0.0.60.371.7.7.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.3Z-TUycKvr4

Notice that only me videos show up. What does that mean? It mean that I am literally the only YouTuber in the world targeting this keyword phrase on YouTube. This has nothing to do with who is searching for this. For that you need TubeBuddy.

Now you go into TubeBuddy and check the search data there to see that "cane pole fishing in Alabama" has very low search volume with low competition. That tells me there aren't many people searching for this keyword phrase, but could prove to be a good keyword if I'm specifically targeting Alabama fishermen who use cane poles. Since my custom made fishing float work perfectly with cane poles, this might be a great keyword phrase to target to make fishing tackle sales.

You don't have to have all that much traffic to make sales. The more niched the better.

I hope some of this makes since. In the world of entrepreneurship, plan on being in school the rest of your life. Whatever you learn is directly and immediately applied, a much faster process than "learning everything" in school with hopes it will have some application at some undisclosed point in the future. It's a just-in-time learning model.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  14. Buddy Shearer

@Damon You hit the nail on the head!!! Kudos to you. @Ginger Lefty , what Damon is saying is the truth. The only reason I know anything associated with allintitle is from when I trying to learn Article Marketing. SEO was much easier back in those days many moons ago. Now we're in YouTube so what I know is that there are some similarities but I cannot assume they will work. That is why I test, test and test.

Just stick with it. Damon did an Xcellent job at laying this out.

I will go ahead and throw this out there for those following this thread.

Forums are a powerful ally for us. IF we use them responsibly. In my case, I am a Moderator in my niche but I walk a very fine line of how I can promote myself.

Since I create videos that show new users how to use the software, I will post a video showing something that appears to be complicated. In this case, the video shows my software controlling MS Paint and drawing random shapes and colors. The video is only about 4 minutes long but it is effective. Yes, there are many automation tools that can do this kind of control. Mine is different because this software is meant to interact with the browser not a Windows app.

The line I walk is easy for me. If anyone ask me for the source code I will gladly give it to them. I have a follow up video showing several coding techniques that I employ to accomplish this interaction. So I am providing free source code and showing how I constructed it. All Free.

They just have to watch my video on YouTube. More Views and longer retention times and hopefully some Subs and Likes along the way.

As of today, I have picked up almost 75 views in 24 hours. While that seems like a low number for this niche that is huge.

This technique as well as others I will apply to my next channel that I am planning where there are thousands of users. Considerable more than what I have to work with now.

So right now I am perfectly happy testing and learning. For me the money will come later.

OH! Before I forget.

In my niche, the keyword phrase revolves around two words. That's it. The keyword phrases are literally not there.

So I have been posting my videos with key phrases. To see the Titles you may think I was nuts. I have about 50 videos left to post but after that last one is posted my strategy will take a sharp turn.

My project videos will be more complex (which is what newbies want) but I will be stressing in the newer videos how to search for help with this software. When they apply a key source command/function to the main keyword phrase guess what they will find?

My videos!

I have already proven that. It works. So when that happens the others in my niche will be behind me.

Sorry for the long post. That's my Long Game.

So to all my brothers and sisters out there! Stick with it. Develop your Long Game. It will all come together with patience.

Later

Buddy

Ginger Lefty likes this.
  15. Ryan Nehse

Ryan Nehse New User

hey guys, sorry for the late reply. It's been kind of crazy my side. Thanks for the reply @Damon. I think I understand and at the same time don't lol. I will have to play around and see what works. Maybe I should start targeting a more local audience when it comes to gaming, comic books and stuff. That might help. But as Buddy said, this is the time to be learning,once I figure what my system is what works the cash will hopefully come later.

Sometimes it does get very disheartening though.
    --- Post updated ---
    ok, I think I understand now, I've just tested it. I've recently uploaded a new video and went for a less competitive keyword, at least that's what I thought as VidIQ gave me a score of 40 something. I was super excited and no views. Using this tactic Buddy has shared I can why I'm not getting any views.

Damon likes this.
  16. Buddy Shearer

Hey Ryan,

Give it more time. Let YouTube settle down. For me I have seen some increased traffic after a couple of weeks. But I suppose that is due to my limited niche - not a whole lot changes from a keyword level.

Buddy

Ryan Nehse likes this.