Question Help understand Social Bluebook?

Discussion in 'YouTube Discussion' started by The Jungle Explorer, Nov 4, 2018.

1. The Jungle Explorer

The Jungle Explorer Newbie Member

So I signed up for Social Bluebook well over a year ago just to kind of see where my channel is at value wise. Since then my channel has grown by 300%. My values did go up at first as my channel was growing, but about 6 months ago they stared dropping and have now gone down to lower then the were when I first signed up with SB. My channel is doing great on YT. Views, Subs, Watch time, and Earnings are all going up on YT, but my values on SB have plummeted to one third of what the were at their highest about 6 months ago.

Can someone help me understand how the figure out how SB calculates values?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. Ceorge_Christofi

Ceorge_Christofi Member TubeBuddy Star

I have no idea how it works either or even what the point of it. I also signed up under the impression it was this wonderful add on that would add extra value to anything I did and that you were meant to check it daily to help see what was helping your channel. Unfortunately it just seems like a waste of time

3. The Jungle Explorer

I understand the purpose of SB. The point of SB is give you a value as a social enfluencer, so when a business that is looking for you to make videos for them approches you, you have some sort of value base for what you ask them to pay you. What I dont understand is how the figure the values.

4. GearVlogz

GearVlogz Active Member TubeBuddy Pro

Did you signup through the option of being a member of Tubebuddy? Every time I log into my SB account to check I need to do a refresh to get an updated subscribe counts. So not sure if that is part of your issue.

The Jungle Explorer likes this.
  5. The Jungle Explorer

Actually, I signed up for SB first, and SB recommended Tubebuddy to me and I signed up for it. Not sure if either has really helped me.

I get a lot of emails from companies asking me to make product reviews for them (because I have already had made many on my own that got a lot of views.) So, I have been trying to break into the product review market and use SB as a validation for what I would like to charge to produce a product review. Last year my values to produce a direct upload to youtube video were about $200 per video. Now they are down to around $50 per video. With that low of a valuation, companies are now just offering me free products to make videos. What I don't understand is how my channel can triple in size and everything be on a great up tic, but my SB values have plummeted. That is what I am struggling to understand.

6. GearVlogz

GearVlogz Active Member TubeBuddy Pro

What is your Audience retention rate? i.e. How long are viewers sticking around to watch your content? I would think if you have more eyes watching your content longer, that would affect your SB score ratings. Brands what to see High viewer count and longer view times. Also, keep in mind that SB is not a set in stone number it is just a gauge to go off on.

If you write a proposal to a brand You need to figure in your productions cost i.e. Did you need a piece of equipment you did not own, to make the video. Permit fee if they are needed, travel costs, Your time and also factor in the 30-45% cut YouTube could take from your brand deal.

The Jungle Explorer likes this.
  7. The Jungle Explorer

I agree with you. I would like to do exactly that. Problem is, every time I suggest charging any additional fees beyond just getting a free product, I never hear back from the client. My feeling is that they just don't see my channel as being worth anymore then just a free product. Most of the products I get offered are below $30, so in terms of production cost I lose money on them. But, I do earn money on them long term as a youtube partner and they increase my channel's content catalog, so I go ahead and do them. I have to keep building my channel and it gives me content to do that, even if I am not making money on them.

Right now my channel has 3,200 subs, averages 53,000 views a month, and has a retention time average of 5 minutes. Most of my videos are in the 5 to 10 minute range. I have a few that are longer, and several that are shorter. I know I don't have millions of subs and views a month, but I think I have a decent amount. At the point I am at right now, if I could get $100 a video, I would be thrilled, so I am not asking for much. Do you think I am asking too much considering my statistics?