Community HELP! Rev decreasing despite increased views and subs

Discussion in 'YouTube Discussion' started by RJ Guitar, Jan 12, 2018.

1. RJ Guitar

RJ Guitar New User

My revenue has been taking a dive since the holidays, despite consistent uploads, increasing subs, and steady views. I just need advice on what analytics I should be looking at to figure out what the deal is.

2. kunicross

kunicross Member

Usually companies spend most money on ads before and short after Christmas so it's to be expected that revenue is going down afterwards.

Also you could look closer into your audience - if your growth is happening in regions with low ad rates that could also be a factor.

RJ Guitar likes this.
  3. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

This is common with the way a financial quarter works! Basically advertisers pay more in December for the holiday season, and when the new year picks up this drops off. That is what you are seeing here. It's not a great feeling, but it is normal.

kunicross likes this.
  4. Guitar Hack

Guitar Hack Active Member TubeBuddy Pro

Increasing subs and steady views won't give you any direct indication. The main indicator for revenue is 'Watch Time'. The higher your watch time the higher your revenue.
    If you have short videos, your views might be high, but the opportunity for advertisers is low. Same goes for how long a person watches your video. Watch time determines the opportunity to advertise to that person.