Question Guide on How to Contact Companies

Discussion in 'YouTube Discussion' started by Jay Wade, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Jay Wade

Jay Wade Newbie Member

Right now we're just looking to grow as a channel, but sometime next year a goal we have is to get sponsored by companies; specifically hotels/tourism boards

We've done quite a bit of travelling, before and during our YT channel; but we're thinking we might be able to bag some deals. SocialBlade predicts we'll have about 70k subs by June next year, hopefully we get there and more.

Does anyone have any links to any guides on how to contact companies to work in partnership or sponsorship? Possibly a guide that relates back to YouTube marketing?

Any help appreciated!

RGS Rblood likes this.
  2. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

First of all Get Social Bluebook if you don't already have it, they can help you find your value based on others in the industry, so you know a fair number to negotiate with. Second, start sending E-mails to all the companies you want to work for. IT TAKES 1 Yes to change your life. Approach it with what you can offer them and tell them you're going to do a whole series (3+ videos) On that subject and can include them.

As for a list of companies, google will be your best bet. I will include some links:

Paul likes this.
  3. RGS Rblood

RGS Rblood Newbie Member

@Andrew has taken most of what i was going to say but i think a nice idea that you dont see around Youtube much more is vlog the events you do. Before, During, and after. Then give your overall thought on the place and give feedback in as "Was it worth it?" type stuff.

4. Damon

Damon Member Member of the Month

Yeah, the playlist approach is working well for me. I'm starting with small companies that have products that sync well with what I'm doing. It's kind of neat when you have two or three of these under your belt, especially if the companies are competing or are in the same industry. It sort of builds on itself.

Andrew likes this.
  5. Andrew

Agreed :)

6. BullMoose

BullMoose Newbie Member

Andrew broke it down very well in his initial response, so there is not a lot to add; however, I recently reached out to a company for something very similar. The company was small enough that I was able to establish direct contact and by the end of it, they offered a small sponsorship dependent upon a few variables. The key is exactly what Andrew said with "Approach it with what you can offer them". Go at it with zero expectations, yet tell them exactly what you can offer, no matter how trivial it may seem. Bottom line is, if you do not promote yourself and make the attempt, you will most likely never get that "1 yes".

Andrew and Damon like this.
  7. Andrew

Very true! Also congrats BullMoose on your sponsorship! :)

One thing to mention and this reminded me of this DISCLOSE YOUR SPONSORS. It's a YOUTUBE POLICY, and in some places ILLEGAL IF YOU DON'T!

Just a friendly reminder to all :)

Damon likes this.