Suggested Gradient Font Colors in Thumbnail Creator

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GameEclipse, Sep 20, 2018.

1. GameEclipse

GameEclipse New User

Currently when you add text to a thumbnail you only have the option to change the font color to a single color. This can leave added text looking very plain. I have seen many other youtube channels use text that transitions from one color to another. I think if the thumbnail creator had an option for this it would make thumbnails look a little more appealing to viewers.

DragoNate and Andrew like this.
  2. Snowyamur

Snowyamur Newbie Member

Honestly, if you can afford it, using Photoshop is better for making thumbnails for your YouTube videos in my opinion because you have a better degree of control when it comes to design, theme, information, font, text, and colors. Adobe Spark looks interesting; I'll admit I've never used it, but that's the software that YouTube Thumbnail Creator is based on, according to the information provided on the site here:

https://spark.adobe.com/make/youtube-thumbnail-maker/

Through Photoshop, you can add shading, gradients, multiple colors, etc. to your text, best of all, you can adjust the resolution of your thumbnails; highly important when considering high-resolution images. As for text transition, that's a frame-by-frame animation that would basically be a one-way .gif file, and I don't think YouTube accepts those for video cover thumbnails. Unless you have an example of one and can link it below, I don't see it possible to make .gifs possible for thumbnails.

3. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

Great suggestion! I'll pass this along :D

4. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

GIMP is a good free alternative that's very powerful as well. I use it personally because I'm not paying monthly to use Photoshop when using it doesn't earn me any money and I'm not paying more than $20 for something like that, period. :D

5. RGine

RGine New User

I agree. I do not pay for a PS or Lightroom license on monthly basis, as most of the free photo editing apps on the web like GIMP, Fotor, Pixlr and more in TOP 5 Free Photo Editor in 2018 are sufficient for me to perform common tasks like making a logo or thumbnail. Plus, I think I am not motivated enough to learn how to use and make the most out of a premium and complicated photo editor, at least not now.