Looking for Network Good MCM ?

Discussion in 'YouTube MCN's and Network Discussion' started by jy95, Oct 6, 2017.

1. jy95

jy95 Newbie Member

Hello,

I may look up to a new MCM (Scale Lab wasn't worthy I think).
    Which one could you suggest ?

Thanks

2. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

What kind of channel do you have? If you have a gaming channel I would say curse or union for gamers, other than that not many I would recommend.

3. jy95

jy95 Newbie Member

I have a gaming channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0N7IV-C43AM9psxslejCQ). I heard of union for gamers.
    I didn't find review of this the last time I checked ...
    Thanks

4. louisse tanaka

louisse tanaka New User

5. jy95

jy95 Newbie Member

@Andrew After testing union for gamers, that is an interesting choice except they hadn't TubeBuddy network partnership :(

6. Andrew

They offer a decent cut, and you have access to epidemic sounds. Honestly, I don't have a MCN on my personal channel. Don't really have a need for it.

7. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

Some youtubers like pewdiepie and others reason MCN is a waste of your revenue as they do very little for the cuts

DragoNate likes this.
  8. Sugikhan

Sugikhan Newbie Member

9. jy95

jy95 Newbie Member

Thanks for the list : the problem is a lot of MCN doesn't do anything to help you

Union For Gamers had sent me this last month, even MCN got bad news :

Hello GamesPassionFR

We are reaching out to inform you that we will be releasing your channel from our YouTube network and terminating your partnership with us on July 20th.

As you may be aware, YouTube is currently changing guidelines surrounding their platform. In order to comply with those changes on our end, we sadly have to end your channel’s partnership with us.

Please know that all remaining earnings you have generated with us will still be paid out as per the standard payment schedule, with your final payment taking place on September 10th. We greatly appreciated your partnership with us, and we wish you nothing but the best for your future.

If you have any further questions regarding this, please contact our support team

10. Sugikhan

Sugikhan Newbie Member

Curse still exists but they have stopped taking applications, they may open that again however at some point.

11. Andrew

I was recently rejected from curse, for no real reason, so curious what's happening internally.

12. Sugikhan

Sugikhan Newbie Member

They laid off bunch of channels recently and closed applications, probably similar issues other networks are facing. YouTube did restrictive things for All MCN regarding what kinda channels can be partnered.

Andrew likes this.
  13. Andrew

I think MCN's are coming to an end, very little benefit for creators, but A LOT for networks :/

14. Sugikhan

Sugikhan Newbie Member

you are right Andrew, youtube has taken lot of their rights really which made them special. Actually many of the networks got closed in the initial purge last year.

15. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

i see no point in an MCN they just take a large share of income for very little work

16. Sugikhan

Sugikhan Newbie Member

its about fast payments and getting paid via things like paypal. Not all people have bank accounts

17. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

if your earning tiny amounts and don't have a bank account then why go to an MCN and share half.

If your earning lots then why not have a bank account and get paid rather than share half.

I see no benefit, if they spent there cut helping drive traffic to you fair enough but most sit there and do nothing

18. Sugikhan

Sugikhan Newbie Member

No network is having 50/50 share, it seems your not familiar with industry. Most networks offer 70-80% shares

Andrew likes this.
  19. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

still a poor share, i have no network and in 12 months i have almost 2000 subs and EVERY video i do gets well over 1000 views in a week. I see people on MCN's not getting them results and then having to share an income

20. Sugikhan

Sugikhan Newbie Member

your arguing based on anecdotes not facts. Every top 1000 youtuber is on a network, there is a reason for that.

Andrew likes this.