Community Does Editing Make You Smile?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragoNate, Jun 15, 2017.

1. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Top Poster Of Month

I'm gonna start this with a question.

When you edit your videos, do you ever end up smiling without realizing? What about laughing?

I've noticed recently that when I edit my daily vlogs, my mouth will start to hurt a bit and it's because I'm smiling without even realizing it. When I do realize it, I smile even more. And it's the stupidest smile too! I don't know if it's a smile because of awkwardness or feeling weird or if it's because it simply makes me happy. I do feel happy making these videos, so that has to be at least part of it.

I'm putting this post in Content Strategies because I think it's important to remember that making videos should be something that makes you happy. If you're frowning while editing, or it feels like it's a job, or worse, a chore, then maybe you need to step back a bit and ask yourself why you make videos.

I think in some ways it's a bit strange or weird for me to be smiling the way I do, but I guess it just goes to show I really enjoy doing it! :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017 at 8:10 PM
    Rafij Rahman Rohan likes this.
  2. Rafij Rahman Rohan

Rafij Rahman Rohan Newbie Member

Yeap most of the time the same thing happens to me.But honestly, I really enjoy editing my videos however sometimes it's also become annoying to edit a long video :D.But after finishing the editing & uploading the video when I see people have actually liked it.It feels awesome.You know something that shows you all of your hard work, means something to the viewers :).

DragoNate likes this.
  3. DragoNate

Top Poster Of Month

It really does! It's good to enjoy editing, and even if it's hard to edit a long one, it is for me as well, it's very much worth it if it makes you feel good and your viewers feel good :)

Rafij Rahman Rohan likes this.
  4. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Member TubeBuddy Legend

I love editing myself :) I can usually do 1-3 videos a day if I am in the right mood. Heck, I like writing policies on my forums like privacy statements, terms of use, etc. I'm a technical activity nerd I suppose. :p

DragoNate likes this.
  5. DragoNate

Top Poster Of Month

Haha, well good on you! I wouldn't be able to do 3 videos a day. It would just be too much for me. I get very antsy and anxious when doing repetitive things that don't require much activity, including typing. When I edit, I'm literally hitting the same buttons over and over for a few hours and listening. I get tired quickly.

Shawn Gossman likes this.
  6. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Member TubeBuddy Legend

Yeah I do that as well. Hear the same thing over and over again. :p I like to keep videos scheduled though so I try to edit as many as I can. In August, I'm going to try to start doing daily uploads (with scheduling of course, thankful for that feature!!!) so my editing will increase :p

DragoNate likes this.
  7. Guitar Hack

Guitar Hack Member

No. I don;t like editing.:confused:
    It's never good enough and takes far to long.

Side Note - Hey @Shawn Gossman, Noticed you cracked 10,000 views. Sweeeeeeeet :party:

Life Effects and DragoNate like this.
  8. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

Editing for me is where the video comes a live. The filming is the puzzle pieces, and the edit the final combination of all things. I love editing, now I don't smile because I'm the subject, but I enjoy the process :D

9. DragoNate

Top Poster Of Month

Ah, then I think you need to experiment more and find something fun you like to do with the editing maybe :)
    It is kinda like a puzzle. I like that idea.
    Smiling at yourself is still okay :)

Guitar Hack likes this.
  10. Life Effects

Life Effects Active Member Member of the Month

I enjoy editing very much. A short effect or bringing a tutorial to a place where it's easy for a viewer to follow along.
    What I don't enjoy is the long time I need for voice over work.

But I don't smile when I am concentrated on a project - as far as I can tell I am look like a zombie that trys to do math. xD

Guitar Hack and DragoNate like this.
  11. DragoNate

Top Poster Of Month

Voice over work does take quite a bit of work. I did some for one project I did. It was basically me recording myself recording, then recording myself editing and then recording myself editing the edited bits PLUS recording multiple separate voice snippets. That one was hectic... but I really enjoyed the result!

12. Guitar Hack

Guitar Hack Member

:joy:

13. Ikerot

Ikerot Well-Known Member TubeBuddy User

Editing is a fun process for me, although it makes me cry (not literally) because of the mistakes I realize I've made in the video. Mainly my surrounding. Hurts me every time. Other than that, time goes back really fast when I edit and seeing a part that made me laugh in the video certainly makes me laugh while editing lol

DragoNate likes this.
  14. DragoNate

Top Poster Of Month

I look at some of my mistakes and either go "Oh God, no. That's not going in there." or "Oh wooooow..... Too funny, I'm keeping it!"
    A lot of times this is due to a weird noise I made because I was surprised or something, or it's a speech blunder. But yeah, there's lots of times for me too that I laugh at certain things a second time!