Question Did you notice that as well?

Discussion in 'YouTube Discussion' started by kunicross, Aug 11, 2017.

1. kunicross

kunicross Newbie Member

In the last couple of days I had some older (good) videos from smaller channels recommended by YouTube - almost all of those videos had a spike in viewership in the recent time - almost directly opposite of what happens usually when a video gets many views at the start and then declines over time.
    Coincident or is there something going on?

Andrew and Paul like this.
  2. Paul

Paul Member TubeBuddy Pro

Yes I have. Actually I've been monitoring a pretty big bump the last 30 day's or so.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe it's just our TubeBuddy advantage we have on our side...;)

3. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Newbie Member

I don't pay a lot of attention to the numbers usually, but since I was nearing 200,000 views I was watching. I was 1,500 shy of 200k, I expected to hit 200k in a couple weeks... but I hit it within 3 days. Actually went 1,500 over. So that was over 3,000 views in 3 or 4 days. For me that is unheard of.

I did just redo all my tags, titles, and thumbnails (for all 160 vids). Also, my channel just hit 1,000 subs. I was not sure if either of those factors gave me a boost in search ranking. Maybe YT is just helping out the little guys? :cool:

Paul likes this.
  4. xingcat

xingcat Member Member of the Month

Yeah, there are a lot more comments on some of my older videos over the past week. I know the algorithm for recommendations is always being adjusted, so maybe that's in older videos' favor in some way? It's all still so mysterious to me, TBH. :)

Andrew likes this.
  5. Ikerot

Ikerot Well-Known Member TubeBuddy User

That's been happening to my old videos as well, though for the most part, I know some of them got attention because something (like an OVA or a movie announced or a potential second season) was brought back into the spotlight.

6. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

I haven't noticed a change, but I hope it is something good :D

7. Chase Charaba

Chase Charaba Newbie Member

YES. Many of my videos from last year suddenly starting seeing views climb this week while I was on vacation. One video from last month has almost doubled it's views this week. I'd say about a dozen or more of my older videos got an unusual boost, and I have kept view records going back to May 2016 for each video.

8. kunicross

kunicross Newbie Member

I think that could either be an experiment or youtube reevaluating some of the old stuff in it's fast library.

Whenever you think you understood something there are some groundbreaking changes.