Declined Demonetization Alert []

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rafat Rifaie, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafat Rifaie

Rafat Rifaie Member

I heard it isn't out of the ordinary for youtube to demonetize your videos though they've been approved, after some time of making them public. For bigger youtubers, such a feature would be vital!

If it's possible to do this on the tubebuddy servers it's great, and even if it isn't i'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to keep the Tubebuddy app running in the background, or a youtube app opened just to do sequential check ups [at least on latest video]. You can have the tubebuddy app or extension do perhaps 5 minute checkups on new video to check if it gets demonetized, and maybe after a much longer period on whole channel.

Alerts could by email, app notifications or both.

Paul likes this.
  2. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Pro

Rafat Rifaie likes this.
  3. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

I went through my vids a while back and found a few that had been demonitized. I would love some kind of monitor service! Not sure of the programming involved - but would love to see it.

Rafat Rifaie likes this.
  4. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

I has a couple things in relation to this!
    First the whole "demonitzation" thing actually bothers me. If you're talking about the yellow dollar symbol, it's actually NOT demonitized. It's only limited ads. Demonitized would be a black dollar sign with a line through it at an angle. I honestly don't think we need a notification system to be notified of either of these things happening though. The reason why is because, I don't know about anyone else, but literally every time I'm on YouTube logged in (pretty much daily, but not ALL day) I always look at the "my videos" tab at least once. This will show my most recent video PLUS the most recent 29 after it. So 30 most recent videos.
    If you notice, in the top right of that screen where it shows "search videos", immediately below it, it should say "newest" (by default) but you can click where it says "newest" and select "limited or no ads" and you can see every single video of yours that has that yellow tag or the black with a line through it.

What I DO think we need is a notification system from YouTube that tells us WHY a video has been hit with a yellow tag OR actually been demonitized.

5. Rafat Rifaie

Rafat Rifaie Member

I hear what you're saying nate, but not everyone [especially bigger youtubers] has the time to keep refreshing the my_videos page , especially for newer uploads where you get the bulk of views in the first hours. The sooner you know, the faster you appeal, the better.
    I agree with you on that youtube has to have a notification system for now, but until they do, we're basically stuck to manually checking.

6. DragoNate

Honestly I'm pretty sure big YouTubers have much better things to do than constantly refresh their videos page. Even small YouTubers do. I don't wanna sit there and do that.
    Besides, If you schedule your videos, or at least private them when you upload them to start with, when you go back to see it you'll see if there's a problem. It doesn't have to be public for those things to happen.
    On top of that, I think a notification system, outside of YouTube's control, would just become spam until they fix the whole system. This is because sometimes those tags (yellow or black dollar) fluctuate. Especially the yellow one. Before I lost monetization in February, literally every single video I uploaded would get the yellow tag and then switch back to green after a couple hours. Some would switch between yellow and green over a period of a week. I would not want to have multiple emails or notifications for a single video. Especially if it ends up green anyway.
    Also, only if you get 1000 views on the video within a week can you ask for a manual review.

My point is, I feel YouTube needs to fix the whole system before something like this can be viable. Once they've fixed it so it doesn't fluctuate, then it would make more sense for TubeBuddy to implement a notification system, if YouTube hasn't at that point. Hopefully YouTube will start showing why as well.

7. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

YouTube doesn't really want us or anyone touching Monetiziation but them... I can ask though!

Paul and DragoNate like this.
  8. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

I would also love to know the "why" a video is demonitized - but YT does not tell us - so I doubt TubeBuddy could tell us why. I think an app that monitors monetization would be great.

Andrew likes this.
  9. Andrew

I agree, just unsure if YouTube would let anyone touch it :/

10. Limitless HD

Limitless HD Active Member TubeBuddy User

Thats a great Idea! Hopefully everything works out.

11. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

Looking at all the info TubeBuddy shows, and others like VidIQ - I am really surprised at how much info YT allows y'all to access and share. Pretty impressive, really. YouTube could easily provide it all for us, but they choose not to. I am glad they let you do it (a but surprised, but glad).

Paul and DragoNate like this.
  12. Andrew

You could argue YouTube already does, but it's in a REALLY confusing way.

13. Andrew

Unfortunately it's not possible guys. Not because of our end, but YouTube like I theorized doesn't want anyone touching monetization at this time.

DragoNate likes this.
  14. DragoNate

Figured.

Andrew likes this.
  15. Andrew

Sorry, but we did love the idea! :D That said... thread switched to rejected :/

DragoNate and Rafat Rifaie like this.
  16. Phil

Phil Administrator Administrator

Just a quick clarification that YouTube doesn't offer monetization information through their API. For that reason, we're not able to automate the process in an efficient way. We really really want to build something to help with demonetization issues in general, just need to come up with a plan that makes sense. And part of the issue is honestly that we don't monetize TubeBuddy videos so we never hit these issues. Many of our best tools come from problems that we face ourselves. So it might take working with some of you directly and talking about your personal workflow and how it can be improved.

Rafat Rifaie, Andrew and Radj like this.
  17. Rafat Rifaie

Rafat Rifaie Member

@Phil Maybe @Andrew can help if his channel is monetized :)

18. THE TECHIE TECH

THE TECHIE TECH Newbie Member TubeBuddy User

I just wonder..... how genius you folks are!!!

I mean, why i could not think of the ideas before i read it here???

Rafat Rifaie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.