Suggested Create New Way to Message New Subscribers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Birthing Better, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Birthing Better

Birthing Better New User

As of 9 July, 2018 YouTube is no longer going to let us 'message' new subscribers privately. Shocker! Is there a way around that? Or can TB create something?

Our Trust is new to TB (it's wonderful!) and I was just getting into the habit of sending each new subscriber a private message.

Andrew and DragoNate like this.
  2. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Funny thing, I received a spam message about a week after YT notified me of this change :D
    I do think it would be great to somehow message new subscribers. If they have any social medias attached, TubeBuddy can see that and I'm sure TB could allow a message to be sent to them through those venues? Otherwise, directly on YT, the person you're messaging would need to have TB installed to have a messaging system through TB.

Andrew likes this.
  3. Birthing Better

Birthing Better New User

Hey DragoNate ... Thanks for the reply. I'm a 74-year-old who runs the back-end for our Charitable Trust and Birthing Better Childbirth Preparation. We just purchased TB a few weeks ago and I love it. We only have 124 subscribers but 288 videos I've done over the past few years. I'm keen to use TB to the best.

The first layer of using TB has been to:
    1. Create playlists
    2. Set thumbnail
    3. End screen with subscribe, playlist and poll
    4. Add 'comment' and pin to every video
    5. Tags via 'copy' and use list
    I'm not quite halfway through our playlists.

Can you suggest the next layer I should do? Thanks for your reply and clarification. Being in touch with each subscriber seemed like a good idea but I could see spam becoming a problem. I did check whether our last subscribers had social media interactions and no they didn't.

Take care

Wintergreen (Yup my name)

DragoNate likes this.
  4. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

No problem!
    I use TB mainly to search for good tags for new videos and sometimes to create thumbnails (for my Sunday videos).
    Have you created and added any cards to your videos? No the end cards, but the ones that show in that little (i) in the top right corner.

5. Birthing Better

Birthing Better New User

I knew there was something I left out ... have added cards too! thanks.

DragoNate likes this.
  6. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

There are a lot of things you can do with TubeBuddy! SO thanks for your questions :)

Onto your suggestion:

YouTube has created the new Messaging system that relies on friend-codes, so for that I would say maybe, but I'll tag @Phil and @Eric for more insight! :)

7. Birthing Better

Birthing Better New User

Hey Superman ... This old lady ... your grandmother ... loves what our Charitable Trust is now able to do. Once I've completed doing all the above to all our lists, I'm going to ask for the next level. Old minds need a wee push and shove.

Cheers from Wintergreen
    PS ... Anyone inside Tube Buddy and is pregnant can access one of our 5 Birthing Better Childbirth Preparation online courses if they contact me.