Strategy Content Strategy Idea

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by Buddy Shearer, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Buddy Shearer

Buddy Shearer Newbie Member TubeBuddy User

As I have previously commented, I focus on a particular programming platform with a limited group of users. Within this environment the platform developers built in the capability to add 3rd party tools. Some of the tools that have been developed are pretty powerful.

It dawned on me while watching a couple of their videos that the developers are spending valuable time from their business to develop these training videos. They almost never create enough of them.

So I have reached out to a couple of them to produce their videos. They only have to give me their plugins and some lead time so that I can produce enough videos showing their tools in action. Through their Marketing efforts they will send traffic to these new videos which will be a win for me.

It sort of a collaboration effort.

At some point I will flip it and require an affiliate payback if they buy via my videos.

Buddy

Damon likes this.
  2. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

Makes sense. Making training videos could work well for both of you.
    I know a lot of the product review channels (cameras, tech toys etc) get free gear to review. Some have affiliate links, some do not. I assume it is generally based on subscriber numbers, but could be based on referrals.

3. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Sounds like an interesting opportunity! Make sure that you retain ownership over these videos you produce when you work out these contracts with the companies you do, would be my only caution.

Damon likes this.
  4. Damon

Damon Well-Known Member TubeBuddy User

Top Poster Of Month

That'll work! It'll work well. Go ahead and start the affiliate program now, at least get the axle's greased. After you finish two or three videos for them, start asking for an affiliate program or some such thing. Some companies think the social media thing is supposed to be free, and it isn't. You're bringing value to them and you deserve to be compensated.

Start building your revenue streams now. Get the axel's greased at least. Sure display what you can do now, but work in the background getting revenue streams built up quickly.

Jimmi Ellis likes this.
  5. Buddy Shearer

Buddy Shearer Newbie Member TubeBuddy User

Oh I will definitely get that added at some point. The company has not reopened their Affiliate system so I'm in a holding pattern right now for that piece. As far as the other developers I am working on reputation with them right now with lots of "Goodwill". I do have a strategy in play. There are some bigger fish in this arena so it is just a matter of time.

Buddy

Damon likes this.