Channel Review constructive critisme welcome please :-)

Discussion in 'Content Feedback' started by NancyTigress, May 8, 2018.

1. NancyTigress

NancyTigress Newbie Member

Have had my channel open for a long time. started uploading a few years ago. been taking it more seriously about a year ago. Let me know what you guys think. I know I might be a little over the place, but I try to upload as much as possible to be able to grow. I always love ideas and constructive critisme, this is a social platform so to make it, we need to knw what others like and dislike soo.... :-*
    My Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0hsYUnpkjV5ovNf8QRA-ew?view_as=subscriber

Channel I reviewed
    https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/review-of-channel-and-general-videos.13450/

2. Wario Lowpez

Wario Lowpez Newbie Member

From what I have seen, you have the right set up and with some tweaks your channel will match your personality.

By no means am I an expert at this! But this past Saturday I watched Nick Nimmin's Live cast and I learned a lot just from one viewing. If you don't know who he is, I highly suggest watching his videos and watching his live stuff. It's every Saturday morning.

Some tips I learned this Saturday was having a engaging banner that sums up your channel, Having a colour scheme that matches thumbnails and banner, having your most recent uploads be at the top of your channel page and your most popular videos second.

From what I can see you have a checkmark on most of them, but, you can add something to your banner and your thumbnails. I wouldn't change anything to your banner. It's a great pic of you and you have links to other social media. All I would do is add some text. Like a slogan that sums up your channel and what you're about in a sentence or few words. Example Subway "Eat Fresh" . I think your thumbnails need more of you! for instance you could add an image of yourself for your car review video. I would also suggest changing the font in your thumbnails. Colours are fine, it's just the fonts are very basic and don't stand out that much. You can find a bunch of cool and free fonts at dafont.com

Like I said before I am no expert, but I think you are on the right path. A few tweaks here and there and you're set.

NancyTigress likes this.
  3. EV Nick

EV Nick Newbie Member

Change your channel Head imagine it doesn't tell us anything about you or you channel, tell us what your channels about, when you upload, who you are, anything.

Drop your intro sorry to be harsh but its pointless it looks low quality and its cutting your dwell time with the person watching, if you want to keep it then do your video opener and then an intro but your recording seems sharp and high quality but the intro looks poor. Maybe record your own of you doing a cat growl and use it on all your intros, or even have some fun and record a new growl intro every video.

Your Energy is amazing keep that up its perfect!

Work on making your thumbnails look similar and high quality, sometimes taking a screengrab can result in poor image try take a photo of you during the vlog and use that!

4. GameVestment

GameVestment New User

Hi!

I can see a lot of potential in your channel but there are some things you could easily tweak about so it looks better.

Now here's the deal...
    You have the content (the ideas) and you have the charm so your videos are not boring to watch which is the hardest thing to have imo.

Things you can easily change to make it look better:
    1. Your channel artwork is fine but you have a lot of free black space where you can write something small and quick. Maybe your channel's name. Maybe when you upload videos (Schedule), maybe a phrase or slogan you identify your channel with.

2. You Intro is one of the things that will make stop watching the video. I would suggest you either remove it or change it for something even if it's a Generic Intro. Check out Panzoid. Most of them are for gaming channel but I believe you could find something simple that will go with your channel.

3. And the most important thing... The Thumbnail. There's too much text, the font is not appealing and you can hardly read it. Look for ways where you can add your expression + some artwork about your video. Like the the Ugly vs Hot tinder. Left side the ugly picture, right side the hot picture, in the middle tinder logo. And a phrase that will catch some attention like: Social Experiment, Who will win?

I hope this will help, although I'm pretty new,, like I only have my channel for several days ^^

5. NancyTigress

Wow Thank you!! I was just thinking I need to change my channel banners :-D
    I will write this down. Very helpfull! xo

Wario Lowpez likes this.
  6. NancyTigress

Thank you! thats a great idea! change my intro to a short video instead of image. I will work on my thumbnails for sure. its what makes people click or not.
    taking notes. xo

7. NancyTigress

Thnk you. every little bit helps. I see many repeting so your pretty spot on ;-)
    will be working on all these asap. xo

8. NancyTigress

WOW Panzoid! thought it was just a channel you wanted me to check out as a reference ideas for a intro. its 3d intro site :-D LOVE IT!

GameVestment likes this.