Suggested connecting with creators of same niche

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kisembo, Jul 26, 2017.

1. kisembo

kisembo New User

hullo tube buddy, i suggest a tool be created where one can be able to find other youtubers of similar niche, for example im ugandan and i do academic tutorials. would like to find out if there are other ugandan based youtubers in my specific niche i can connect with sothat we are able to link up and probably collab...

Doug likes this.
  2. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

I don't know how easy it would be for TubeBuddy to make a tool like this because TubeBuddy can't easily determine the location of every YouTube channel and their exact niche. If their location is hidden on YouTube, TubeBuddy won't know it.
    As for niche, well, that one's a bit tough because YouTube doesn't give you the option to sort channels by category (I don't think anyways) and some people don't use it either. Plus, a niche can become very specific. For example, your niche could be gaming. Someone else's niche might be modded gaming, or car games, or a specific game only, or even something specific within a specific game. It becomes increasingly difficult to determine niche at the press of a button.
    @Phil or @Andrew would definitely have more info in whether this can feasibly be done or not.

There are also other places you can go to find this, either by searching with Google, or taking to Reddit. There are often subreddits specifically for certain countries, states/provinces and even cities or towns. I recommend you check there and then post a question asking if there are any other Ugandan YouTubers :)

3. Doug

Doug Member TubeBuddy Pro

I've wanted this too.
    It could be forum feature vs. an extension tool.
    Today I can go to the collab section of the form and sift through postings that say they are for gaming... but I'd really like to do a user search based on tags (or some kind of meta data) they put on their community profile.

Something like this:
    "Show me people who have family friendly gaming channels with at least 500 subs"

Should be something you set per search obviously...
    Maybe later I still want to include family friendly, don't care about gaming, and want to change the subs level

Andrew likes this.
  4. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

Make a forum post about this, and flesh it out with all you want, and I can start working on something :) I like the idea!

Doug likes this.
  5. Phil

Phil Administrator Administrator

We definitely would love to build something like this - it would just take a ton of work. So we have to decide if we want to build out more TubeBuddy functionality or something like this.

Doug and Andrew like this.
  6. xingcat

xingcat Active Member TubeBuddy Star

Top Poster Of Month

Would it be something that could be implemented within TubeBudy for TubeBuddy users? Like, have a selection set of niches, which you can weight (you can choose three, ranked 1, 2, and 3) and then select them in your TubeBuddy settings, so that other users could connect with you? At least to begin, that may be an easier implementation than trying to scrape the totality of YouTube. It also gives a lot of good user-reported data back to TubeBuddy, which can always be valuable. :)