Suggested Connect with similar channels

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Drawingwithebear, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Drawingwithebear

Drawingwithebear Newbie Member

This is something I've been having trouble with tubebuddy, In tubebuddy are a lot of different channels and i have trouble finding people with channels like mine.
    I think tubebuddy should have a feature were you can find channels with a similar sub count, similar topic, and similar interests. this might help people connect and grow there channel because they meet other people like themselves.
    That's my suggestion. Is it any good?

nunothechosen1 likes this.
  2. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

It's not a bad suggestion at all, I think it would be a good way to meet similar channels for collabs and such.
    But, there is also a collab request forum thread here for just such a thing ;)

Ginger Lefty likes this.
  3. Drawingwithebear

I know about that thread, and it is very useful! but i wish there was just something I could click on and it would show me a list of channels like mine.
    --- Post updated ---
    It would!

DragoNate likes this.
  4. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

What would you like to see then? Also it comes down to how do you define "Channels like mine?" Size, sub count, genre, views, uploads, etc? I get the idea of a list, however, still needs a bit more specifics :)

5. AdonisHIM

AdonisHIM Newbie Member

Similar channels to me would focus on genre and sub count - genre being more important.

6. Drawingwithebear

It would!
    I think that tubebuddy should have a "suggested channels" sort of thing. It would kind of combine sub count, size, and genre that way it would be as similar as possible. That way it would be easier to find channels to collab with that are more likely to want to collab or just to make some youtube friends, hope this helped you understand what I want for tubebuddy, sorry if it's not specific enough.

CaptainTime and DragoNate like this.
  7. Andrew

I'll tag Phil! @Phil

The problem I have seen with this kind of thing in the past is getting channels to agree. Some will, but if you do it without permission you end up with a YouTube 0.3% Thumbnail situation where people don't like it, and feel betrayed. It's a fine line. While YOU may want to collab, not everyone does. That's why we implemented the collab section. I can always work to improve on that :) What do you think about that forum section?

8. Drawingwithebear

Huh, I never thought about that. But I have seen the collab forum and I do like it. It’s just hard for me to find channels like mine when most of the channels wanting to do collaborations are probably not interesting in doing a collab with 15 subs. But I do really like it. I may use it more when my channel gets a little bigger though.

9. Andrew

I find going in to a collab knowing the value you give their audience is key. If you bring me value, and I think you bring my audience value they will feature you :)

10. nunothechosen1

nunothechosen1 New User

YES that is a plausible solution...agree

11. Andrew

See my reply here: :)