Seeking Advice Conflicted New Channel Or Not

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by GearMashers, May 9, 2018.

1. GearMashers

GearMashers New User

Right now I have 2 passions. Cycling and Photography. I have a website called https://GearMashers.com where I talk about both. My question is should I have 2 channels, one for photography and one on cycling or just keep it as is? Most of my videos are going to be product review based, where I review products I either purchase or receive from manufacturers.

As far as videos go, I am still learning how to best do them. I am just starting to add some B-Roll and plan on getting a slider since I do product reviews. I have really good equipment, just need some practice.

2. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Personally, I would always stick to one channel. My way of thinking is that my channel is kinda about myself, so there's no point having 2. It's also easier to manage, this way I don't need to be checking on multiple channels every day.

If you think that having both things on one channel won't work too nicely, then go with a separate one. There's always the possibility that those who are subscribed to you for a particular type of content you do would either unsubscribe or just not watch the other kinds of content. Who knows though? They could either end up being interested in the other, or they may just watch simply because it's you :)

3. GearMashers

GearMashers New User

So then would creating playlists help focus the videos a bit.

One playlist geared towards photography and another one geared towards cycling.

DragoNate likes this.
  4. DragoNate

DragoNate Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Sure, definitely! Playlists help organize your content and you can even add a unique description for each playlist!