Strategy Best thing I've done to increase subs/Views

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by EV Nick, Jun 5, 2018.

1. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

This will only help a handful of channels but i'd like to share something i did this week which has made my channel have an explosion of views and new subs.

I asked a fairly popular twitter person who's connected the the subject of my vlogs to run a guest vlog for me, i said i'd do all the editing but i wanted there story for the day of there life. Now you could do something different maybe if your a gamer invite another youtube gamer to do a video for you, but you get the idea.

Now this was a test guest video however i've decided to make it a feature, once every 6 weeks am going to feature another youtuber or someone with a following in the subject i cover "electric cars"

Why did this work well ill put it down to a couple of things firstly this guest vlog was a woman, am a bloke so it opened me up to other people who might not of watched me.

2) with her large following on twitter she was promoting the video 1 week before the event i think this added to an extra 2 subs per day above normal.

3) it gives some variety to your channel its something new and exciting from others.

how well is it currently doing well...
    since the guest vlogs went live on Saturday i've had a surge of subs and views every day since! my twitter following increased.

if your interested guest vlogs was 2 parts on this playlist
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5PJg4d7Q2BK7x-_eEZYKJYG0CESVA23H

Damon, Paul and Andrew like this.
  2. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

This was a really interesting idea :)

3. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Pro

4. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

cheers both of you, since this post my subs and views are still climbing more and more, i've asked 4 other channels who should be my competition to take part and all enjoyed the first one so much they all agreed, these channels are MUCH larger than me also so am hoping some of there subs might rub off on me, its totally different from a colab video, as the video "meat" doesn't even feature me

Paul likes this.
  5. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

A very interesting strategy! It's always good to look at all the different ways of promoting your work. Thanks for sharing!

6. Damon

Damon Well-Known Member TubeBuddy User

Top Poster Of Month

Hmm, now that's different. Thanks for sharing this.

Oh, I get it! It's totally a guest vlog. You're nowhere near the video. That makes sense.

7. EV Nick

EV Nick Member

still edited by me thou so it still has my feel and tone.

Damon likes this.