Seeking Advice Ads in the videos: is this a myth?

Discussion in 'Content Strategies' started by Guadilarious, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Guadilarious

Guadilarious Newbie Member

Hello!
    I am able to monetize my videos in Youtube and until recently I did. My channel was steadily growing but for work-related reasons I had to demonetize all my videos. I wonder if that is going to critically influence my steady growth given that I have listened that Youtube tends to promote more monetized videos (Which makes sense). Is it going to be harder for me now to gain audience and traction or is it more of a myth?
    Thank you!

2. Damon

Damon Active Member TubeBuddy User

Hmm, that's a good question. If you look at AlexMax Han's channel, she just started this summer and is already up to 348,xxx subs. She never monetized her channel.

3. Ikerot

Ikerot Well-Known Member TubeBuddy Star

Hm... I actually don't know, but I'm leaning towards Youtube promoting more videos that are advertiser-friendly and are monetized because that's what earns them money. Might have to get @Andrew's opinion on it [thinking emoji]

4. Tito Tim

Tito Tim Active Member

I have heard that they do not promote according to if you are monetized or not - but I do not believe it. I saw a huge spike in views as soon as I monetized. It just makes sense that they would promote the money making vids. Of course things can go viral and you can grow without ads, but I do not believe YT will do much to promote you themselves. (and I can certainly be wrong ha ha)

5. Andrew

Andrew Superman Administrator

We here at tubebuddy don't monetize our channel and we have grown. Casey niestat didn't monetize when he started and even until he was a few million in, so I do think it's a myth.