Community YouTube Verification!

RGS Rblood

TubeBuddy User
Youtube has just gotten more confusing in previous years.
To get paid for content now, You have to have 10 thousand views on your channel. Wish, as i have noticed. Proves hard to get for people.
I started youtube 2 years ago. Well this channel back then lol. And now this channel hasnt reached 3000 views. So its weird

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
i know people got low than 100k subs and get verified channels and someone got verified channel on 235 subs
As mentioned in the thread. it has changed to be 100K NOW and they were probably verified before the change :)

Youtube has just gotten more confusing in previous years.
To get paid for content now, You have to have 10 thousand views on your channel. Wish, as i have noticed. Proves hard to get for people.
I started youtube 2 years ago. Well this channel back then lol. And now this channel hasnt reached 3000 views. So its weird
Not more confusing, just more strict due to people abusing the service.

RGS Rblood

TubeBuddy User
Yeah. But they are also limiting Youtubers that put hard work into their vids and cant make it to that particular Goal.
While. I myself. Dont care much about the money. Rather the happiness I bring with my content and whatever i decide to.
They are still limiting us Smaller youtubers and thats not in the least Right.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Yeah. But they are also limiting Youtubers that put hard work into their vids and cant make it to that particular Goal.
While. I myself. Dont care much about the money. Rather the happiness I bring with my content and whatever i decide to.
They are still limiting us Smaller youtubers and thats not in the least Right.
Their house, their rules ultimately. Also, It's very arguable how much you can make it that 10,000 view threshold. ESPECIALLY at a small level. As someone who understands the frustration I also understand their logic. I think it should be what it was too, but 10,000 is a lot better than let's say 100,000 views.

RGS Rblood

TubeBuddy User
Their house, their rules ultimately. Also, It's very arguable how much you can make it that 10,000 view threshold. ESPECIALLY at a small level. As someone who understands the frustration I also understand their logic. I think it should be what it was too, but 10,000 is a lot better than let's say 100,000 views.
Yeah. You have a Point there. Either way, some creators below that 10,000 threshold. Make much more quality and better content then some of the bigger Youtubers. But as you stated, Their house. Their rules. Im Just wary at this point that everything will continue to get harder to get verified. Or even Monetized for our hard work.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Yeah. You have a Point there. Either way, some creators below that 10,000 threshold. Make much more quality and better content then some of the bigger Youtubers. But as you stated, Their house. Their rules. Im Just wary at this point that everything will continue to get harder to get verified. Or even Monetized for our hard work.
anyone can go to www.youtube.com/verify and do that. The badge is just cosmetic. If what you say is true, your content should shine brighter than any badge could. I was verified to prove I am who I am, but it's honestly such a nuicance at my size. EVERY COMMENT "HO WYOU VERIFIED!?" Every DM "VERIFY ME BRO!?" @Aaron could add more, but I just needed to prove who I was. I just want to make films, and enjoy the platform :)

GearVlogz

TubeBuddy Pro
Gearvlogz.com
My first channel just pasted the 10K mark but that channel was started over 11 years ago and up until the last five months ago it had just five videos all under 30 seconds with total views of 5,600. Man, I miss MySpace!!! Just recently started uploading new content and just got lucky that one of the videos was suggested by YouTube. Amazing what can happen when YouTube suggests a video. Like someone else has mentioned before their house their rules. I just hope they don't beat me down again from seeing my goals get achieved.
Just in case I think I'm going to look into starting my own Roku channel.

anyone can go to www.youtube.com/verify and do that. The badge is just cosmetic. If what you say is true, your content should shine brighter than any badge could. I was verified to prove I am who I am, but it's honestly such a nuicance at my size. EVERY COMMENT "HO WYOU VERIFIED!?" Every DM "VERIFY ME BRO!?" @Aaron could add more, but I just needed to prove who I was. I just want to make films, and enjoy the platform :)
Yeah I agree I believe my accounts verified last i checked.. and i don't have many subs its just a matter of verifying your email..its not all that hard to do.. XD

Alicea Sonia

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
If my channel verified by Youtube, what will be the benefit? If any channel have more than one strike can it verified? and How can get 100k subscriber quickly?

Aaron

anyone can go to www.youtube.com/verify and do that. The badge is just cosmetic. If what you say is true, your content should shine brighter than any badge could. I was verified to prove I am who I am, but it's honestly such a nuisance at my size. EVERY COMMENT "HO WYOU VERIFIED!?" Every DM "VERIFY ME BRO!?" @Aaron could add more, but I just needed to prove who I was. I just want to make films, and enjoy the platform :)
Once again was not notified about being tagged... idk why its not emailing me D: Thankfully it has come into my view by luck!

Anyway Andrew is right...
It is nice to protect your identity and I definitely appreciate/like being verified, but the verification has caused me nothing but hate, harassment, barrages of emails and messages from people etc... Everyone only cares how and why I'm verified and wants me to help them. Never once has anyone ever started their question off with a genuine complement they just say "give me info kthnx" and they usually can't speak readable english or any english at all making it much worse to deal with them...

They don't even stop with my channel messages... they hit my comments on all my videos, spam my PSN messages, my Twitter, my BUSINESS and PERSONAL Facebook pages (no not my channel fan page), personal and business email addresses.. they flood the contact page on my website which is meant for clients.. I've even had a few people go as far as tracking down my personal phone number and driving me crazy with calls and texts which is even more frustrating believe me. (thankfully no one has ever shown up at my door)...

Andrew can vouch for the insanity I get with emails as he saw over 4 just during VidCon (some of which he even got himself) and that same guy who sent us emails during VidCon still harasses me about verification every other month almost... and when I say harass I'm talking 30+ emails about it even after being told to stop.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Once again was not notified about being tagged... idk why its not emailing me D: Thankfully it has come into my view by luck!

Anyway Andrew is right...
It is nice to protect your identity and I definitely appreciate/like being verified, but the verification has caused me nothing but hate, harassment, barrages of emails and messages from people etc... Everyone only cares how and why I'm verified and wants me to help them. Never once has anyone ever started their question off with a genuine complement they just say "give me info kthnx" and they usually can't speak readable english or any english at all making it much worse to deal with them...

They don't even stop with my channel messages... they hit my comments on all my videos, spam my PSN messages, my Twitter, my BUSINESS and PERSONAL Facebook pages (no not my channel fan page), personal and business email addresses.. they flood the contact page on my website which is meant for clients.. I've even had a few people go as far as tracking down my personal phone number and driving me crazy with calls and texts which is even more frustrating believe me. (thankfully no one has ever shown up at my door)...

Andrew can vouch for the insanity I get with emails as he saw over 4 just during VidCon (some of which he even got himself) and that same guy who sent us emails during VidCon still harasses me about verification every other month almost... and when I say harass I'm talking 30+ emails about it even after being told to stop.
In my video about this, I made a section at the end for comments, but it still happens ALL THE TIME. That video on the bright side is my most popular, so I guess that is something, but yes Aaron is 100% right on this.

Woah,
Hang on I missed the start of this thread.
Has YT changed it so you just need 10k views without 1k subs?
If this is true then my channel has qualified.
I thought it a little strange when I started reading about this new Premiere feature and monetirization.
Andrew can you set me straight on this?

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Woah,
Hang on I missed the start of this thread.
Has YT changed it so you just need 10k views without 1k subs?
If this is true then my channel has qualified.
I thought it a little strange when I started reading about this new Premiere feature and monetirization.
Andrew can you set me straight on this?
I don't understand what you're asking?

Sorry Andrew,
I got overly excited for a moment because I misread the posts on this thread. I thought YT had dropped the 1k sub requirement and only required
10k watch hours.
That will teach me to jump into the forums before my first coffee lol.

Paul

TubeBuddy Legend
texturemaster.com
Sorry Andrew,
I got overly excited for a moment because I misread the posts on this thread. I thought YT had dropped the 1k sub requirement and only required
10k watch hours.
That will teach me to jump into the forums before my first coffee lol.
Good news! It only takes 4,000 hours watch-time along with 1,000 subs to be eligible for monetizing your channel!:cool: