TubeBuddy What the heck is a network?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Okay, I keep hearing and getting e-mail people asking me to join their network. What is this? To me sound like they just want a piece of the ad revenue.

xingcat

TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
Networks are companies that provide you with particular services in exchange for a percentage of your YouTube revenue. Many claim to give you things like exposure (very sketchy whether they do that effectively), coverage from copyright strikes (helpful if you're a gaming channel or one that uses a lot of copywritten material like movie clips in your videos), free music tracks, etc. Depending on your size, it may or may not be helpful for you to join. I'm wary of most networks for most users, since they seem to be a bit predatory and I've heard a lot of horror stories about them, but YMMV.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Networks are companies that provide you with particular services in exchange for a percentage of your YouTube revenue. Many claim to give you things like exposure (very sketchy whether they do that effectively), coverage from copyright strikes (helpful if you're a gaming channel or one that uses a lot of copywritten material like movie clips in your videos), free music tracks, etc. Depending on your size, it may or may not be helpful for you to join. I'm wary of most networks for most users, since they seem to be a bit predatory and I've heard a lot of horror stories about them, but YMMV.
Working for a network previously all I can say is NEVER again. Unless I could tell they actually care and are doing right, but that's easier said then done. This is a great explanation, and I agree with what you said here Damon:

Forget it. I don't see anything they can do for me that I'm not already doing for myself.

Mircea

New User
I agree with that. MCNs are not giving you anything. But there are times when you have to choose an MCN.

I have a youtube channel, but somebody (I don't know who), made something and I got more than 1000 views (from the Netherlands) for one of my videos in one hour. After that I got an e-mail that google kicked me out. Due to the fact, that I'm not allowed to register again for an AdWords account, I had to find an MCN to be able to make something on youtube (I could have made a new account with my brothers name or parents name, but I don't want to involve them to pay my taxes for the money I receive from youtube, etc.). I made some research (I made an excel table with the best MCNs I could find out there - concentrating mainly on MCNs from USA and Europe), and I decided to go with those MCNs that has a rev. share of 95/5 for bigger revenues, not so many requirements, no lock-in contract, some good figures on socialblade, not so bad comments on the internet and accepting various type of videos not only gaming.

I don't trust MCNs, but I have to go with them. If I loose 5 percent of my money there's no problem, I can make more with other youtube channels, or some other type of ads, on my website.
I get my music from audionautix.com, incompetech.com, nocopyrightsounds.co.uk, twinmusicom.org, so they can't offer me more with epidemicsound.com and audiomicro.com.

They can't do anything for my channel to have more views. I have to do everything that I can to attract people from countries with high CPM (so not from India, Indonesia or Pakistan - more from USA, Europe, Australia, Japan, Canada, etc.). I made account on Facebook, twitter, instagram and other social platforms. So everything depend on what I make and how I make. What I want is to get my 95 percent of what they receive from youtube. By the way, the MCN that I choose is: ScaleLab.

Do anybody know about a better solution?

Have a very nice day.