• Guest NEW FORUM SECTION! Click Here to learn more!

Question What is The Reason Why You Created Your YouTube Channel?

Cabbitude

TubeBuddy Pro
I think it'd be much nicer to hear it here. You can always copy & paste too ;)
Alrighty, but nobody's allowed to grouse at me for TL;DR :p

Why I created my Youtube channel - Copy Pasted from my Patreon:

Today, February 1st 2018, is the day the Channel finally went live. It's been a long time coming. Several years, to be honest. Since I first stumbled upon youtube let's players and discovered that that was actually a thing. Due to my anxiety and just general self doubt, I refrained for a very long time.

Eventually, however, I broke and started a Twitch channel (not under Cabbitude) and streamed for about four months. I fell in love with the idea of the community and even began to collect a few followers and even some regulars. Yes, a couple of them were friends from outside of Twitch who I'd known for quite some time... but I'm not counting them. It was wonderful to see those new to my life, who I met through my stream, pop up and just hang out for a while, talking about life, how their day went, and just jawjacking in general while I kicked in heads in Mad Max or ran around Fallout 4. It was great.

Unfortunately, my time on Twitch was somewhat short lived. I'm one of those crazy people who researches EVERYTHING to within an inch of its life. Especially things I wanted to be good at... I wanted to be good at Twitch. So I read and watched everything I could get my hands on. Some of this stuff was pretty good and lead to people commenting about how 'pro' my account seemed to be due to its setup... The rest of the stuff, however, was... frightening, if I'm going to be honest here. There's nothing quite more terrifying than watching all the compilations of Twitch livestreams collected on Youtube that illustrate the horrible things that other people (including other gamers) have put Twitch gamers through.

So, after four months or so, I quit Twitch. It wouldn't matter to anyone anyway. Nobody knew me well enough to wonder where I'd gone or why. The couple people who were originally part of my real life remained as such, for the most part, and supported me in my decision as they know enough about my temperament to understand my reasoning and that I never drop anything without good reason.

But it left a mark on me. The community, that tiny handful of people who would pop up during my streams and say 'hey' and hang out because they genuinely seemed to like my inane rambling and personality. I missed them. I missed people. And, oddly enough, I missed sharing my opinions and experiences with them. And ok, I won't lie, I missed the idea that I could make a little cash doing something that I loved.

That's how Cabbitude Gaming was born. The beginning of the year is one of those times when everyone thinks back over their lives and contemplates what needs to be changed. My list is long and not at all lacking in enough projects, goals, and dreams to keep me busy for the remainder of my life, but one stuck out above the rest - To create a Youtube channel. Due to my health, both psychological and physical, I am somewhat limited in a variety of ways and tend to spend the majority of my life parked contently at my dual monitored Win 10 PC. So I figured... why not give it a shot? What's the worst that could happen? I lose a couple bucks on a domain name and logo/banner design and the channel never picks up speed... I can live with that.

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
I look forward to actually having a community to include. Until then I'm doing what I can to participate in the communities available.
Well, the way I look at it, even if you have only 1 person subscribed to you or only ever 1 viewer, then that 1 person is still your community ;)

Murthag91

Newbie Member
I'm playing world of warcraft since 2005. in those 13 years i managed to play in many good guilds even some that made in the first 100 in the world. I just want to share my knowledge with the comunity, and maybe the opportunity to know the most popular creators regarding warcraft.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I'm playing world of warcraft since 2005. in those 13 years i managed to play in many good guilds even some that made in the first 100 in the world. I just want to share my knowledge with the comunity, and maybe the opportunity to know the most popular creators regarding warcraft.
That's incredible :)
Alrighty, but nobody's allowed to grouse at me for TL;DR :p

Why I created my Youtube channel - Copy Pasted from my Patreon:

Today, February 1st 2018, is the day the Channel finally went live. It's been a long time coming. Several years, to be honest. Since I first stumbled upon youtube let's players and discovered that that was actually a thing. Due to my anxiety and just general self doubt, I refrained for a very long time.

Eventually, however, I broke and started a Twitch channel (not under Cabbitude) and streamed for about four months. I fell in love with the idea of the community and even began to collect a few followers and even some regulars. Yes, a couple of them were friends from outside of Twitch who I'd known for quite some time... but I'm not counting them. It was wonderful to see those new to my life, who I met through my stream, pop up and just hang out for a while, talking about life, how their day went, and just jawjacking in general while I kicked in heads in Mad Max or ran around Fallout 4. It was great.

Unfortunately, my time on Twitch was somewhat short lived. I'm one of those crazy people who researches EVERYTHING to within an inch of its life. Especially things I wanted to be good at... I wanted to be good at Twitch. So I read and watched everything I could get my hands on. Some of this stuff was pretty good and lead to people commenting about how 'pro' my account seemed to be due to its setup... The rest of the stuff, however, was... frightening, if I'm going to be honest here. There's nothing quite more terrifying than watching all the compilations of Twitch livestreams collected on Youtube that illustrate the horrible things that other people (including other gamers) have put Twitch gamers through.

So, after four months or so, I quit Twitch. It wouldn't matter to anyone anyway. Nobody knew me well enough to wonder where I'd gone or why. The couple people who were originally part of my real life remained as such, for the most part, and supported me in my decision as they know enough about my temperament to understand my reasoning and that I never drop anything without good reason.

But it left a mark on me. The community, that tiny handful of people who would pop up during my streams and say 'hey' and hang out because they genuinely seemed to like my inane rambling and personality. I missed them. I missed people. And, oddly enough, I missed sharing my opinions and experiences with them. And ok, I won't lie, I missed the idea that I could make a little cash doing something that I loved.

That's how Cabbitude Gaming was born. The beginning of the year is one of those times when everyone thinks back over their lives and contemplates what needs to be changed. My list is long and not at all lacking in enough projects, goals, and dreams to keep me busy for the remainder of my life, but one stuck out above the rest - To create a Youtube channel. Due to my health, both psychological and physical, I am somewhat limited in a variety of ways and tend to spend the majority of my life parked contently at my dual monitored Win 10 PC. So I figured... why not give it a shot? What's the worst that could happen? I lose a couple bucks on a domain name and logo/banner design and the channel never picks up speed... I can live with that.

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing the ups, and downs!

Reactions: Murthag91

Murthag91

Newbie Member
That's incredible :)
I had a very good teacher
the guy in the video was mine raid leader back in 2005/06 and later on he became the raid leader of Method (the best wow guild in the world) since tier 11 in 2010.

I was lucky enough to live in the town close to him so he brought me into wow when i was in middle school

Chase Charaba

TubeBuddy Pro
This will probably be a long one, but here it goes!

Originally, my younger brother Justin and I wanted to start making stupid videos and put them on YouTube, inspired by skits done by ChealytheNinja and the like. This was in 2013 and 2014. We created multiple new channels every time we came up with a name that we thought was catchy, but never uploaded a video. We had filmed some interesting stuff that, looking back, had we finished might have been some YouTube hits back then.One such skit involved my brother running from my dad and I in the forest as we drove the truck at him. Basically, the premise was hunting for emos in the woods because my brother was an emo at the time. We had filmed some other stupid clips, but we abandoned the idea.

We wanted to make it big on YouTube, become famous, and get rich. That was the original reason for creating a YouTube channel. Now, we both had gaming channels back in 2011 or so, but let's not even talk about those...

Then in 2015 we actually uploaded a video of my cat to Freak Shack. We had this idea to vlog our vacation in Hawaii, but that ended up not happening. That summer I uploaded a few random videos to the channel and then stopped for a few months.

In 2016 I decided that I wanted to vlog my life, and that's what started my love for creating videos. I tried to be click-baity at first because I was fueled by the desire for views and fame. Once I rebranded Freak Shack to Chase Charaba to focus on my life, I started to realize that I was still on YouTube because I wanted to create better videos every time I uploaded. I wanted to see improvement and learn more about the art of filmmaking.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't want to become "big" on YouTube, but that's not my primary motivator anymore. Especially since I started making narrative movies in addition to my vlogs, I've just fallen in love with the whole process and I want to see myself doing more films of higher quality in the future, and maybe even some documentaries. It's all about improving now and telling my story. If it was just about fame and money now I would've given up a long time ago.

THE TECHIE TECH

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
I WILL BE VERY POLITE!
I work on a private sector, and bored of my daily life. Go to office daily at 9 am and back at 7 pm. However my financial condition is tight. So I thought of showing my skills to audience and raise my earnings. But unfortunately still not up to mark.

TYTD Review

New User
I got fed up is the honest answer xD
Im really big on bad movies and one thing that plagues bad films is that they and obscurity tend to go hand in hand. So more often than not I'd hear about this absolute stinker of a cult film, go to look it up, and find either nothing or videos of very poor quality (140p, uploaded about 10 years ago, about 2 minutes long, often without any kind of microphone, usually sounded like it was recorded in a wind tunnel and 9 times out of 10 the content of the video would be something like "Yeh I saw this. It was really bad" and that was it) So after one long night of trying to find any information I could about a bad film I was eyeing up on Ebay I decided enough was enough. I took the plunge payed more than I should have for the movie and ended up decided to piece together any information I could about the film and I made what would become one of the first reviews on my channel.

Once i'd started I really couldnt stop so for the last 12 months or so every week I've uploaded a new review of either a "Cult" film or of one that has little to no coverage on the internet. its a hell of a niche and I dont tend to get a lot of traffic but the people who do subscribe and stick around really are a wonderful lot, very loyal and always up for a deep and meaningful chat :) So Its really been benefitial both to me and others :)

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I got fed up is the honest answer xD
Im really big on bad movies and one thing that plagues bad films is that they and obscurity tend to go hand in hand. So more often than not I'd hear about this absolute stinker of a cult film, go to look it up, and find either nothing or videos of very poor quality (140p, uploaded about 10 years ago, about 2 minutes long, often without any kind of microphone, usually sounded like it was recorded in a wind tunnel and 9 times out of 10 the content of the video would be something like "Yeh I saw this. It was really bad" and that was it) So after one long night of trying to find any information I could about a bad film I was eyeing up on Ebay I decided enough was enough. I took the plunge payed more than I should have for the movie and ended up decided to piece together any information I could about the film and I made what would become one of the first reviews on my channel.

Once i'd started I really couldnt stop so for the last 12 months or so every week I've uploaded a new review of either a "Cult" film or of one that has little to no coverage on the internet. its a hell of a niche and I dont tend to get a lot of traffic but the people who do subscribe and stick around really are a wonderful lot, very loyal and always up for a deep and meaningful chat :) So Its really been benefitial both to me and others :)
Really cool reason to start! :D

Scott Fichter

TubeBuddy User
Been involved with video since I was 13 years old. My mom purchased a new camcorder every few years. My bro, cousins and friends were always using it. By the time I was 20 I had an old school title machine, a few synthesizers, monitors, drum sequencers, effects machines, samplers, monitors, you name it. Being in front of a camera (the talent) and being behind the camera (editing) has always been fun/interesting to me. As time passed I went to college, got a job and my video making days vanished.

Now I'm back.

I firmly believe that within 10 years YouTube will be so popular that TV/cable will be distant memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew

BrandoF2P

Newbie Member
I created my channel simply to showcase my Lords Mobile account with the guild I was in.
It later took a turn when I realized I was in a very small and non represented community within the game. (F2P) or Free to Play meaning I played this mobile game without spending any of my money to further advance the account.
This really took my channel from a few subs to now almost 4k. I now have a decent following that will watch my videos regardless of what game I play which is awesome!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I created my channel to share my art and to meet people who also enjoy art. I also want to do charity work but I'm a very small channel so i haven't been able to do that.
Is that clear on your channel? I never knew that by just your channel banner and trailer :) I would say let people know that message! It's worth sharing :)

Reactions: Paul

Ceorge_Christofi

TubeBuddy Star
Me? Hmm...

My non digital job is truck driving these days. It wasn't always like that. I worked on the first Motorola mobile phones (anyone old enough to remember the 2000 car boot job or the 8000 grey brick?) I worked on ground to air radio systems and other two way systems. I then became a freelance IT consultant. I changed quite a few major international companies off windows 3.1 to windows 95. I set up servers, email systems and other stuff. I worked in the defence industry and ended up working for the air force. I was the guy that kept aircraft flying when y2k came along. I used to be a part time radio DJ.

After that, I got fed up with all work. I did truck driving as a sideline which turned into full time. At the end of the day I got to go home and not think about work.

Youtube was a late thing for me. I had been watching it for a bit but not in any serious way, just using it to learn stuff I didn't know how to do. I never forgot my electronics training and always kept an interest. When I saw some other people making videos I said to myself... I can do that. So I did. My problem is that I'm too young to be old and too old to be young. I still have a warped sense of humour and still find utter stupidity annoying. That is why I make the content I do. Something people can learn from with the occasional fun thing thrown in. Mind you, they always seem to feature adult toys for some reason!

Sure, big and famous, lots of cash is a dream. The reality is I'm not cool and trendy, I have no interest in celebrities or gossip and make up doesn't do anything for me so my chances of being a star is pretty remote. I do it so that it might spark just that tiny bit of interest in someone who then thinks 'I could build that' or 'I want to learn how to do that'. If one person, just one person, is inspired to get into electronics or radio for a hobby or a career then I have succeeded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Fichter

RonTraveLife

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
What was the reason why you created your channel?
I was inspired by Travel Vloggers, since I love travelling I decided why not give it a try and share to everyone who is into on same niche. And contribute to the travelling community through the tips I have shared on my videos and those are all based from my experience. It may not be suitable to everyone but at least can give them some ideas. Happy Vlogging.

https://goo.gl/vsdPfQ