• Guest - TubeBuddy now has a BLOG! Click Here to learn more!

Question What is The Reason Why You Created Your YouTube Channel?

PtDale

Newbie Member
What was the reason why you created your channel?
I needed an outlet for my constant obsessiveness with publishing books. My wife tires easily when I'm talking about the business and most of my friends can't relate since they carry traditional 9-to-5 jobs. So, I figured producing videos about what I've learned in publishing books would help others and then I could connect with other like-minded people.

It's worked so far. How about you, Limitless HD? Why did you create your channel?

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I retired and moved to the Philippines. My brother asked about my living conditions so I made a few videos and posted them. He watched them, so I made a few more. Other people started watching too, so I just kept making them. Then I started to do charity work and use my videos to help raise funds. Unfortunately I don't get much from adsense yet so I have to actually beg for it ha ha

OP
OP
Limitless HD

Limitless HD

TubeBuddy User
I needed an outlet for my constant obsessiveness with publishing books. My wife tires easily when I'm talking about the business and most of my friends can't relate since they carry traditional 9-to-5 jobs. So, I figured producing videos about what I've learned in publishing books would help others and then I could connect with other like-minded people.

It's worked so far. How about you, Limitless HD? Why did you create your channel?
I always liked the idea of having an audience watching your creation. A couple of friends of mine brought up the idea of making a channel to post random videos, however they stopped posting but i kept going. For me it's been a fun experience especially when you get a lot of views and nice feedback:)
--- Post updated ---
I wanted a place to show and grow my editing skills. I also wanted to try new games and have new experiences. That's why I created my gaming channel. Past that I wanted to share stories and let people know more about who I am :)
That's awesome that you share your experiences with your viewers. It lets them know that you truly care about what you are doing.
--- Post updated ---
I retired and moved to the Philippines. My brother asked about my living conditions so I made a few videos and posted them. He watched them, so I made a few more. Other people started watching too, so I just kept making them. Then I started to do charity work and use my videos to help raise funds. Unfortunately I don't get much from adsense yet so I have to actually beg for it ha ha
That's nice that you use your videos to help and spread awareness for charity. For me i don't really worry about revenue, knowing that my videos would not bring in alot of money. I just do it for fun and it allows me to experience new things.

Reactions: stefani and Andrew

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
That's nice that you use your videos to help and spread awareness for charity. For me i don't really worry about revenue, knowing that my videos would not bring in alot of money. I just do it for fun and it allows me to experience new things.
Yeah, I monetized my channel a little over a year and a half ago. The minimum adsense check is $100... I have gotten it twice. I sure ain't doing it for the money. But would not mind getting some money ha ha There is another foreigner here with a channel and over 10k subs. He has not monetized because his subscribers voluntarily send him so much money for his charity work he thinks the ads would not be worth losing subs... he might be right...

CJ Nerf

TubeBuddy Star
I had a very successful career in the real world as i like to call it , and unfortunately had a life changing injury ! I then found out i had a son coming so i started to collect Toys that i loved as a child in preparation of his arrival! You know the kid basics whiffle ball bats and balls, bases, Nerf Blasters, and balls etc. I honestly never had time for any social media platforms and didn't know how to use anything at this point (I had to watch youtube vids to learn how to sign up for things LOL ) I watched a couple nerf Blaster videos to get information on what was good and since i had a lot of time on my hands i decided to try my hand at making a Nerf Blaster videos about collecting for my son. It has since grown to a full blown review channel, complete with modding custom blasters and more ! My son is 3 now and pops up in my videos from time to time. As he gets older i hope to get him more involved and hopefully he can take over the channel and the revenue it generates. I have made a lot of mistakes along the way but i am having a ball doing it. So thats the long version

DOING THIS FOR MY SON AND WITH HIM IS THE SHORT VERSION ! Father and Son

Reactions: Limitless HD
OP
OP
Limitless HD

Limitless HD

TubeBuddy User
I had a very successful career in the real world as i like to call it , and unfortunately had a life changing injury ! I then found out i had a son coming so i started to collect Toys that i loved as a child in preparation of his arrival! You know the kid basics whiffle ball bats and balls, bases, Nerf Blasters, and balls etc. I honestly never had time for any social media platforms and didn't know how to use anything at this point (I had to watch youtube vids to learn how to sign up for things LOL ) I watched a couple nerf Blaster videos to get information on what was good and since i had a lot of time on my hands i decided to try my hand at making a Nerf Blaster videos about collecting for my son. It has since grown to a full blown review channel, complete with modding custom blasters and more ! My son is 3 now and pops up in my videos from time to time. As he gets older i hope to get him more involved and hopefully he can take over the channel and the revenue it generates. I have made a lot of mistakes along the way but i am having a ball doing it. So thats the long version

DOING THIS FOR MY SON AND WITH HIM IS THE SHORT VERSION ! Father and Son
Glad to hear that you are doing it for your son. Hope your channel benefits well from the tools provided here:)

Reactions: CJ Nerf

CJ Nerf

TubeBuddy Star
Glad to hear that you are doing it for your son. Hope your channel benefits well from the tools provided here:)
Thanks for the kind words we have a lot of fun playing with them so the quality time is worth all the hard work and tubebuddy is awesome !

Life Effects

TubeBuddy Star
My wife bought a canon gx7 to make better pictures of the dogs and I used that as an excuse to finally start making videos. She never used that camera but I did. *g*

Always wanted to know how visual effects work. At the time I thought I make the channel the basis for a master thesis. I can learn about vfx AND have a topic for the paper....

Fell in love with vfx, learning and teaching and now that Thesis will probably never be written. xD

OP
OP
Limitless HD

Limitless HD

TubeBuddy User
My wife bought a canon gx7 to make better pictures of the dogs and I used that as an excuse to finally start making videos. She never used that camera but I did. *g*

Always wanted to know how visual effects work. At the time I thought I make the channel the basis for a master thesis. I can learn about vfx AND have a topic for the paper....

Fell in love with vfx, learning and teaching and now that Thesis will probably never be written. xD
Awesome!

Draconicrose

Honestly, I'm hoping to eventually make my living playing videogames, since it's something I'm constantly doing anyway. So far, not so great on the "making a living" thing, but making videos is actually fun and makes me feel productive. So, one day. I started the channel because streaming is too intense with too much time commitment for me.

OP
OP
Limitless HD

Limitless HD

TubeBuddy User
Honestly, I'm hoping to eventually make my living playing videogames, since it's something I'm constantly doing anyway. So far, not so great on the "making a living" thing, but making videos is actually fun and makes me feel productive. So, one day. I started the channel because streaming is too intense with too much time commitment for me.
Anything that you enjoy, put your mind to, and feel makes you productive will have good outcomes. Keep doing what makes you happy. Even though streaming is hard, you should do it to have an interaction with your viewers. Although it's hard to gain a following it shows that you truly care about what you are doing

joey

Newbie Member
i always want it to be a game tester but with YouTube i can do it and have people watch it but i also like doing it for the people who don't have the game

DavidMooreMBA

New User
ypn.us
I like to make easy "how to" videos for people that have medical conditions and cannot use social media or video very well anymore. FYI I am one of those due to a stroke I had last year. Technology helps give a voice to those who normally would not have one online and also keeps our spirits up! :) Only because Strip Clubs, Women, and Money get sooo old ya know? lol

Reactions: joey and Paul
Good question.. Why Did I start YouTube?

I have been struggling with some nasty Mental Health Conditions for around 3 Years now, (I have Depression, Anxiety, ADHD and PTSD) and they get in the way of everything I do, whether that will be Vlogging, or just day to day tasks like going to school etc. My Post Traumatic Stress Disorder comes from my Mums Death in 2009 (I was 5 at the time when she died) If you would like to know more, I created a YouTube video dedicated to her here -
So I started YouTube to try and take my mind of things, try to interact with new people, make new friends, build up an audience, and with the help of Tube Buddy, I Did!

Another reason why I created my channel is because I wanted to have something / do something myself and my friends and family could be proud of, hitting 1K was amazing, the amount of people that congratulated me was incredible! (I even had 8 Congratulations cards sent from my subscribers to my PO Box). But the point is, I don't do YouTube for the fame, or any of that nonsense. I just want to make people happy and make them laugh by adding humor into my videos, and I love helping people make their channels better too :)

Reactions: kunicross and joey

joey

Newbie Member
Good question.. Why Did I start YouTube?

I have been struggling with some nasty Mental Health Conditions for around 3 Years now, (I have Depression, Anxiety, ADHD and PTSD) and they get in the way of everything I do, whether that will be Vlogging, or just day to day tasks like going to school etc. My Post Traumatic Stress Disorder comes from my Mums Death in 2009 (I was 5 at the time when she died) If you would like to know more, I created a YouTube video dedicated to her here -
So I started YouTube to try and take my mind of things, try to interact with new people, make new friends, build up an audience, and with the help of Tube Buddy, I Did!

Another reason why I created my channel is because I wanted to have something / do something myself and my friends and family could be proud of, hitting 1K was amazing, the amount of people that congratulated me was incredible! (I even had 8 Congratulations cards sent from my subscribers to my PO Box). But the point is, I don't do YouTube for the fame, or any of that nonsense. I just want to make people happy and make them laugh by adding humor into my videos, and I love helping people make their channels better too :)
i have the same thing just not PTSD i have ADHD ADD OCD and depression i wish you the best of luck

Reactions: Spencer Nicholson

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Well I wanted to get stinking rich... nah I realized that being 100% dependent on a single income is not the best of things for a family also I wanted to lose weight and inspire people - when all those 3 things failed I just took YouTube up as a hobby and confusingly never had as much success.