TubeBuddy Tips I'm Being Suppressed

ZackBaxter

New User
Ok this is going to be kind a long so I will try to make this as clean as possible. I make reaction videos to Game of Thrones. Last year my channel blew up! I was getting 100k views on all my videos. I was ranking every video that I put out. I was out ranking HBO itself! Subs were up. Audience retention was up. Revenue was up. Everything that a YouTuber could ask for.

So segue to this year. Around May 6th I saw a complete nose dive on my channel. Like someone had just shut off the lights. It came after I posted another popular video that got 80k over night. After 24 hours it was slammed with a copyright take down. I fought and won. Then it was hit my a community flag. I fought and won that. Then finally it was hit with a "age restricted" label.

That hit regressed my channel back a whole year. All that work I had done was gone. Since May 6th I am lucky if my vids break 1K. The funny thing is my vids are still ranking weakly. I am crushing it with SEO. Top discovery is YouTube search and Google Search but for some reason my videos can not break 1K.

I recently discovered that about 2/3 of my vids in the last year have been blocked "age restricted" without it even being label as such in my video manager. I am still struggling and my channel is on the verge of death. HELP! How can i save my channel.

~Zack Baxter

(I've included attachments of some analytics info)
Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 8.00.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 8.00.57 PM.png

Dallas Dogs

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Blame the idiots that hacked HBO's cloud and posted episode S7 E4 online before it aired. HBO went full throttle to protect it's intellectual property rights and their lawyers turned into little Arya Starks and cut everyone clean to the bone that published ANY clipping of GOT.

OP
OP
ZackBaxter

ZackBaxter

New User
Blame the idiots that hacked HBO's cloud and posted episode S7 E4 online before it aired. HBO went full throttle to protect it's intellectual property rights and their lawyers turned into little Arya Starks and cut everyone clean to the bone that published ANY clipping of GOT.
Yes, that is true HBO has been hitting me with copyright claims this whole season BUT this has been happening since May. My channel has been on a downward spiral starting in May even though my videos continue to rank.

Dallas Dogs

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Ok. I took a few minutes and looked into your videos. I don't think you have a problem. First, you have three videos from last year which seriously went viral. One of them had a quarter of a million views. You had a couple videos back in May of this year that also went viral, but only to the extent of just reaching six digits, about 40% of the quarter million bar you had already set.

These five videos comprise more views and watch time than all the rest combined by a margin of...like...infinity.

Ok. I don't think it's a direct comparison when you look at it like that. Also, you have to consider that last year's data is a full year of data and this year is still playing out. You still have four and a half months to go. Looking at your viral videos, I suggest you take that time to produce more reaction videos and live-casts to episodes about sex. That is what seems to go viral. (There's a joke in there somewhere.)

When you combine this with the damage you already know about from HBO trying to protect themselves, I think you are right on track. Keep trying to go viral and keep the momentum!

You rock!

:cool:

TheDirectorsOfGaming

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
YouTube.com
I was getting 100k views on all my videos.
Unless you consider 3 videos to be "all your videos" then i'm not seeing what you describe... apart from those 3 videos, just 1 other has gotten over 50k views and you just have under 2k subscribers... so what i'm guessing is that because one or two videos went viral in the GoT community and continued to gain views through search, you therefore expect all of your other videos with similar content to do the same. In fact, your total monthly view count is in line with what you received in June/July last year, around 100k... just because every video isn't receiving 100k views like one or two doesn't mean your channel is "nosediving".

I recently discovered that about 2/3 of my vids in the last year have been blocked "age restricted" without it even being label as such in my video manager.
Every video that is Age Restricted would be labelled as such in your video manager, can you show me what you mean?

xingcat

TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I agree with the other posters here that a couple of super-viral videos (which, congratulations, by the way) don't in any way guarantee that you're going to continue to get the same results with all your videos, even on the same topic. The ways in which videos are promoted and surfaced on the platform change all the time and we all have to be really nimble about how we promote and position our videos.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I agree with the other posters here that a couple of super-viral videos (which, congratulations, by the way) don't in any way guarantee that you're going to continue to get the same results with all your videos, even on the same topic. The ways in which videos are promoted and surfaced on the platform change all the time and we all have to be really nimble about how we promote and position our videos.
This sums up my feelings here. Just because you have some videos doing well in a topic doesn't mean you claim the authority or entitled to views in that subject.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I am still struggling and my channel is on the verge of death. HELP! How can i save my channel.
A bit of an exaggeration there, buddy. Your channel would truly be dying if you were barely hitting 20 views every video at your sub count. From what I'm seeing, you're garnering good views with your GoT videos and you're still keeping it up (also, the fact that your livestreams are getting a lot views. wow). And then I can't say much since other people have already taken the words out of my keyboard lol.

Jay Cartere

New User
You only have 2 videos that have hit over 100k views. "Getting 100k views on all my videos" is very misleading unless you only uploaded 2 videos last year. That would be another problem, if you have been inactive for some time then you will not maintain the same results that you had before. You have 1k subs and you're views aren't actually that bad in relation. I think you're expecting way too much right now. Just keep on putting out content and using the best practices and it should all balance out.