• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Introducing a new way to share YouTube videos

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello TubeBuddy Forums!

YouTube just announced a new way to share! This is what they have to say:

"Starting today, you can share videos with your friends and family directly on YouTube. Not only can you share and receive videos in the app, you can also chat about them right on YouTube, reply with another video, invite others to the conversation, and more. We think itll make sharing easier, faster and more fun on your phone. And if you want to continue sharing videos through other apps, you can still do that too."

Video:

Source: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2017/08/introducing-new-way-to-share-youtube.html?m=1

What are your thoughts on this? I think this makes sense, and allows groups to watch, but I don't think it will beat current setups like facebook groups, and discords.

I want your thoughts!

Reactions: Paul

xingcat

Experienced Poster
TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
Huh! I like the idea to push notifications to people directly, but I wonder how quickly this will result in people being totally swamped by too many creators trying this to share when subscriptions don't do it effectively enough for them.

The chat feature is also interesting, but I'm not sure there's a huge call for chat on pre-recorded videos.

And video replies were great back in the day, and I think they should make a comeback.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Huh! I like the idea to push notifications to people directly, but I wonder how quickly this will result in people being totally swamped by too many creators trying this to share when subscriptions don't do it effectively enough for them.

The chat feature is also interesting, but I'm not sure there's a huge call for chat on pre-recorded videos.

And video replies were great back in the day, and I think they should make a comeback.

I loved video replies, but it will be interesting for now a days with more drama filled content. I think it's all interesting, and I am excited to see what is to come!

Reactions: xingcat

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I really liked the old video replies. I found some great creators through that. I think the comment section of videos has been kind of weak on YouTube. So I like the concept here - we will have to see if I like the implementation. Hopefully we can control who sends to us, or we will swamped by spam quickly. Is this just for the phone app or for YT in general? I do not have the bandwidth (or connection speeds) to watch videos on my phone, unless I am at home with the wifi (in which case I would be on the PC anyway).

Did you happen to read some the comments on that video? Some very negative people ha ha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I really liked the old video replies. I found some great creators through that. I think the comment section of videos has been kind of weak on YouTube. So I like the concept here - we will have to see if I like the implementation. Hopefully we can control who sends to us, or we will swamped by spam quickly. Is this just for the phone app or for YT in general? I do not have the bandwidth (or connection speeds) to watch videos on my phone, unless I am at home with the wifi (in which case I would be on the PC anyway).

Did you happen to read some the comments on that video? Some very negative people ha ha.

Anytime someone recommends change people are negative. We claim to want change, but don't like it when it's here.

Draconicrose

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I've actually had this for nearly a year as it's been in invite-only beta. No one uses it and I suspect that's not going to change much. The fact that it's only available on mobile makes a divided feature. I know the mobile watch share has increased a lot, but it's still not the preferred way to communicate.

What I mean is, I'll absolutely watch videos on mobile, maybe even leave a comment, but when it comes to replying to comments and having a conversation the mobile interface becomes too clunky. I think they should have focused on revamping the comments and notifications instead.

Reactions: Paul and TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I've actually had this for nearly a year as it's been in invite-only beta. No one uses it and I suspect that's not going to change much. The fact that it's only available on mobile makes a divided feature. I know the mobile watch share has increased a lot, but it's still not the preferred way to communicate.

What I mean is, I'll absolutely watch videos on mobile, maybe even leave a comment, but when it comes to replying to comments and having a conversation the mobile interface becomes too clunky. I think they should have focused on revamping the comments and notifications instead.

Great insight on this. I Too think they should, but they have in a way with hearts, pinning comments, etc. I just think it needs more IMO.

Reactions: Draconicrose