Need Advice German channel with English subtitles - How to promote?

Xscape

New User
familienshow.biz
Subscriber Goal
From tomorrow on I'm posting my German videos adding English subtitles to them.
I already have an international audience.
But I'm worrying a little - will they notice there are English subtitles now?

How would you promote those subtitles so everyone understands they can UNDERSTAND my videos finally by turning English subtitles on? LOL

And will English subtitles really help to grow my channel? What is your experience with subtitles?
--- Post updated ---
Oh, another question: How should I make it clear in the tags that my video has subtitles? Does it make sense to add tags for it? Which ones? Maybe even hashtags?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

How would you promote those subtitles so everyone understands they can UNDERSTAND my videos finally by turning English subtitles on? LOL

And will English subtitles really help to grow my channel? What is your experience with subtitles?
--- Post updated ---
Oh, another question: How should I make it clear in the tags that my video has subtitles? Does it make sense to add tags for it? Which ones? Maybe even hashtags?
I woulds say the best way to do that, would be through annotations, or maybe even placing something in the description!

Are the subtitles optional, or are they in the video itself? If they are optional through YouTube for example, I think that would be for the best. At that point you are giving them an option, compared to making them use the subtitles.

Also I think it makes perfect sense to tag that their are English subtitles :)

OP
OP
Xscape

Xscape

New User
familienshow.biz
Subscriber Goal
I try to use tags for it. And I sometimes comment on the video now saying there are subtitles. I also tried annotations. The subtitles are optional.
Thank you for your suggestions!

Vlad

New User
TubeBuddy User

--- Post updated ---
Hi there Xscape,
How are you? I'm wondering would you share your view on the question now - taking the time frame since you asked the original questin- I mean did it work? How well?
My view on it simple - I think your videos would rank better if they have same language CC - that way your video is better prepared for YT and for the actual viever. Happy to discuss it futher.

Joe Nuccio

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
In the translation bit, I translate my channel in the top 5 languages my channel gets views from to boost it then maybe a few others to reach out to a bigger audience. Does anyone put their tags in different languages or not bother to?