Need Advice Help! I can't get any views!

Rob

New User
I feel like I must be missing something. I really focused on SEO in my last video, but almost no views. Most of them were myself going to the page. Any help would be appreciated. I used the keyword tool and even got a number of my keywords to rank, but to no avail! Help!

PhotoJoseph

New User
How else are you promoting your videos? You can't gain any momentum without getting the word out. The bulk of YouTube traffic actually comes through the suggested video column, not as much the searches.

OP
OP
Rob

Rob

New User
How else are you promoting your videos? You can't gain any momentum without getting the word out. The bulk of YouTube traffic actually comes through the suggested video column, not as much the searches.
I have been building a following slowly on instagram, but people rarely ever seem to click on the link to come to youtube. What medium do you think is best for promotion? I like Instagram, because you get boosted right to the top of any tags you use so you can easily be discovered. It encourages posting because you know people will see it. I built a really nice following on Soundcloud using their groups function until they took groups away, now Soundcloud is like a paper weight to me. I've been looking for a new place to post my music really since then and youtube completely baffles me. I can't figure out how to reach my audience.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I have been building a following slowly on instagram, but people rarely ever seem to click on the link to come to youtube. What medium do you think is best for promotion? I like Instagram, because you get boosted right to the top of any tags you use so you can easily be discovered. It encourages posting because you know people will see it. I built a really nice following on Soundcloud using their groups function until they took groups away, now Soundcloud is like a paper weight to me. I've been looking for a new place to post my music really since then and youtube completely baffles me. I can't figure out how to reach my audience.
one thing I've learned from instagram is that it's not the best place to advertise your video lol. That and the fact that they've taken out the option to upload from your computer makes it difficult for me to upload a small bit of my video onto the site to get people's attention (I've done it before, but it involves a process of having to put the video onto my phone first and then uploading it to instagram).

Then there's the fact that sometimes people just look, heart, and go on instagram. Since you can't post links that'll actually link people to the video (in the post), people don't go checking your bio unless you've gathered enough of their attention.

Honestly, have you tried reddit? There are subgroups for everything there and I think there is one for ambient music. Another good way is through the youtube comment. Now, I'm not talking about going to people's page and advertising lol. That goes straight to the spam and you just look bad doing it. However, just by being active in comments can get people to be interested (just like being active here on this forum!) in your channel.

Draconicrose

Subscriber Goal
I personally share in as many places as I can. That means Tumblr, G+, Twitter, Facebook, several Discord servers, my Patreon page, Reddit, Trinding and I think they're still being automatically shared on Player.me. :p Think like the dandelion and spread as many seeds as possible.

xingcat

TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
I would say what's holding you back is the low amount of content on your channel. You have 5 videos in the past 7 months uploaded. That's not enough to keep your channel relevant in search results unless you already have a following. Your channel's front page also doesn't have any videos listed on it (you have to go onto the Uploads page to see them). Your videos aren't using correct SEO if they have short descriptions that don't mention any keywords, either, and I don't see much of that going on.

So I'd say go back to the basics and start looking at your titles, your keywords, your thumbnails (a picture of clouds doesn't tell a casual browser that you have ambient music to offer) and work from there.

Guitar Hack

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I would say what's holding you back is the low amount of content on your channel. You have 5 videos in the past 7 months uploaded. That's not enough to keep your channel relevant in search results unless you already have a following. Your channel's front page also doesn't have any videos listed on it (you have to go onto the Uploads page to see them). Your videos aren't using correct SEO if they have short descriptions that don't mention any keywords, either, and I don't see much of that going on.

So I'd say go back to the basics and start looking at your titles, your keywords, your thumbnails (a picture of clouds doesn't tell a casual browser that you have ambient music to offer) and work from there.
@Rob This is good advice!