Need Advice Should I Put my Show's Name in Each Video Title?

Should I Include the Show's Name and Date in the Title of Every Show?

• Definitely!

• I Guess... It Couldn't Hurt

• No Need!

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhotoJoseph

New User
I have a question/looking for advice

I do a live show every weekday, and I put the name and date of the show (ex: PhotoJoseph's Photo Moment 2017-XX-XX) in the title of every show. (This is something I've been doing since before I used Tube Buddy, so it became a bit of a habit). It uses 39 characters out of the available 100. Sometimes it makes it hard to title a video efficiently (when thinking about tags/SEO), but I want to make sure that my viewers know that it is my video/have a consistent element. And since I go live 5 days a week, is having the date in the title worth it to help my viewers find any videos they might have missed?

These habits were developed before I had a thumbnail theme and consistent elements in the description. "PhotoJoseph's Photo Moment" appears in every description, and the tag ranks in videos that don't have it in the title so am I wasting space in my title or making smart use of space in my title?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a question/looking for advice

I do a live show every weekday, and I put the name and date of the show (ex: PhotoJoseph's Photo Moment 2017-XX-XX) in the title of every show. (This is something I've been doing since before I used Tube Buddy, so it became a bit of a habit). It uses 39 characters out of the available 100. Sometimes it makes it hard to title a video efficiently (when thinking about tags/SEO), but I want to make sure that my viewers know that it is my video/have a consistent element. And since I go live 5 days a week, is having the date in the title worth it to help my viewers find any videos they might have missed?

These habits were developed before I had a thumbnail theme and consistent elements in the description. "PhotoJoseph's Photo Moment" appears in every description, and the tag ranks in videos that don't have it in the title so am I wasting space in my title or making smart use of space in my title?
Yes, but towards the end people search for answers to questions, and since your show may be that I would say yes, but towards the end. I would put the answer to the question then put the show name :)

xingcat

TubeBuddy Star
www.xingcat.com
Subscriber Goal
If it's something people are going to search for, then yes. Otherwise, I don't think it's necessary unless you're trying to build a brand. If that's the case, then @Andrew has it...YouTube says to put the less-searched-for terms to the right (at the end) of your titles, so that the more searchable information is right where casual browsers can see it.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If it's something people are going to search for, then yes. Otherwise, I don't think it's necessary unless you're trying to build a brand. If that's the case, then @Andrew has it...YouTube says to put the less-searched-for terms to the right (at the end) of your titles, so that the more searchable information is right where casual browsers can see it.
That is what I was going for. :)

Guitar Hack

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Only to a point. If you need to fill out a title. Sure.
If your doing it for SEO. No
If you have 100 videos that have your name in them, and someone searches your name, which video is ranked for your name? They can't all rank number 1 for the same tag that is in a title.
If it's for Branding, I would make it shorter like PJ Photos 17/01/25, or PJ Photos Jan25 and put both the short version and long version in your tags and description for SEO. YouTube will not be bothered by either format and you make it easier to search and find.
Great channel by the way.:cool:
Cheers

Dallas Dogs

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
I've been gorging myself on YouTube videos and been inundated with information on SEO and setting up proper titles and tags for YouTube videos. Here is a quick synopsis, as I understand it, of what I would recommend.

For SEO, It is generally best to include just enough in the title to cover the TOPIC you are discussing in that particular episode. Make it catchy. Make sure it relates to what you are discussing and make sure it is precise and succinct. The longer the title, the more diluted it is for the purpose of SEO. Once you have that, use the exact phrase as a tag in your keyword tags, then use each word separately as a tag. This will optimize your video for that particular topic. Then, use the TubeBuddy Tag Tools to suggest other related tags and use as many of them as seem applicable that have good score ratings next to them.

There is a lot more to it and more that can be done to optimize it, but I'm learning myself and I could type in circles trying to explain it. :)

I hope that helps!

Doug

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
youtube.com
I'm moving away from things like episode numbers.
Nobody cares. Nobody.
I still have a few places where I use them... but even there I'm really thinking it doesn't matter. Especially in the title.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm moving away from things like episode numbers.
Nobody cares. Nobody.
I still have a few places where I use them... but even there I'm really thinking it doesn't matter. Especially in the title.
I try to just put the number in the tags, so if people search for it, it's there.

OP
OP
PhotoJoseph

PhotoJoseph

New User
Thank you everyone for all the input! We've removed the show name and date from the titles (for all future videos) to focus on searchable phrases because of this conversation.