• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Removing It's Video Editor!

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Thanks for the link. I knew you could use the editor to upload - did not realize you could edit existing vids. I need to add a text box to one before they disable the editor. (when I posted a recipe, I forgot to list the red wine vinegar!)

Reactions: TubeBuddy

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
That's a job for annotations! Oh wait, never mind!

I think in truth we all would be more served if youtube tried to improve those little used features -
I guess they did not promote the editor because they where a bit embarrassed by it but if you see what's possible with web applications today they easily could have made it a bit better instead of removing it. (I just hope they don't go an scrap the audio library as well...)

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
That's a job for annotations! Oh wait, never mind!

I think in truth we all would be more served if youtube tried to improve those little used features -
I guess they did not promote the editor because they where a bit embarrassed by it but if you see what's possible with web applications today they easily could have made it a bit better instead of removing it. (I just hope they don't go an scrap the audio library as well...)

I disagree their audio library isn't bad. It has some decent SFX, but the problem with their main tracks is that they are used by EVERYONE, so no one really uses them. Perhaps partner with someone for unique tracks, or find a better way to implement is how I see it.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I disagree their audio library isn't bad. It has some decent SFX, but the problem with their main tracks is that they are used by EVERYONE, so no one really uses them. Perhaps partner with someone for unique tracks, or find a better way to implement is how I see it.
that's me when I'm searching up much on Epidemic Sound and I know I've heard it in somebody else's video :joy:

I haven't gone to take a look at that audio library o-o never found the use for it. There are some good people who make music for free + allows you to use it with their permission.

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal

Oh you misunderstood me, I love the library everything else would be way yoo much work for me. It just seems that youtube scraps some stuff recently in the drive to mobile so I hope it stays with annotations and the editor...

chopauTV

Im being optimistic, I honestly barely use it as well, but its hand sometimes on trimming videos, hopefully they just cut some of it and let the trimming ones and others there.