Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This may be a stupid question, but...

Does YouTube make a distinction between keywords like these:
  • Game Title Let's Play
  • Game Title Lets Play
If you didn't catch the difference - it's the apostrophe
It's basically a difference in how people search, I have added both and seen different results in number when searching I also usually put it personally as Let's Play Game Title or Kan Play Game Title just depends really. Since I put Kan Play, I tag both let's and lets it really again comes down to a users search habits.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Makes sense. I wish they were the same so I didn't have to waste the characters. :)
Sometimes it's important to see the difference between searches if there is only a few more hundred searches for a difference, I don't think it's worth it personally. However, if it's 5,000 or more for me it's worth adding.

Guitar Hack

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Type in both terms and look at the results......
results.JPG results2.JPG results3.JPG results4.JPGresults5.JPG
Surprised ?
Even the same video result

Last edited:

Guitar Hack

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Yes, that's the 'stupidity button' being activated. It lets illiterate people search :eek: Hahaha
Huge YouTubers that don't have any SEO, still get in the search results because of this. That goes for the lazy ones as well.
YouTube will guess what you want based off common searches.
Before you publish - Always put your video title into YouTube to see what it suggests. It can free up a lot of word combinations.
Doesn't work with websites though.:confused:

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, that's the 'stupidity button' being activated. It lets illiterate people search :eek: Hahaha
Huge YouTubers that don't have any SEO, still get in the search results because of this. That goes for the lazy ones as well.
YouTube will guess what you want based off common searches.
Before you publish - Always put your video title into YouTube to see what it suggests. It can free up a lot of word combinations.
Doesn't work with websites though.:confused:
TubeBuddy tag explorer also can help with this :) How I generate my tags!

Guitar Hack

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
TubeBuddy tag explorer also can help with this :) How I generate my tags!
Yes, good point. I use a combination of both. Putting the complete Title into YouTube Search is the last thing I do before making it public.
Firstly I search for Good Tags (keywords) in TubeBuddy Explorer with Scores of 70+
Once I have three (3) tags I put them in three (3) places. Title, Tags and description. Etc,etc,..

kunicross

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I sometimes add deliberately miss spelled tags especially if it's stuff people regulary misspell but phonetic search and similar stuff is quite strong nowadays.