• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Question How did you find TubeBuddy?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I think this is a pretty fun and simple question!

How did you find TubeBuddy?

I'll start! An MCN I worked for at the time had a partnership with TubeBuddy. I found them and verified they were a brand with us, and that was my first point of contact. I downloaded the plugin, and fell in love with the amazing information it provided me with. When I left that company I started telling people to get TB because my own channels were growing so much with it. Then @Phil saw me doing so and reached out. I told him I was jobless, and loved his product and thus started a career in TB for me, that lead to videos, these forums, growth and fun!

So, yeah that's the simple version of how I started, but let me know! How did you find Tubebuddy?

Jay

TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
That's great, Andrew! Thanks for sharing your story :)! This is an awesome idea for a thread! I found TubeBuddy through browsing the subreddit of /r/LetsPlay. The folks on there were certainly advocates for the brand and highly recommended the plugin. So, after viewing the thread, I went and tried it. A few weeks after, I noticed these forums here had been opened to the public.

So, here I am now!

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
That's great, Andrew! Thanks for sharing your story :)! This is an awesome idea for a thread! I found TubeBuddy through browsing the subreddit of /r/LetsPlay. The folks on there were certainly advocates for the brand and highly recommended the plugin. So, after viewing the thread, I went and tried it. A few weeks after, I noticed these forums here had been opened to the public.

So, here I am now!
It's cool to see Reddit bringing other communities together! :D

Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy Legend
I won't say what forum, but I was banned from another YouTube-related forum for posting too much, like 6 posts in 10 minutes. I posted the topics to help the forum. They were not spam, they were good topics with my intention to help the forum. In result, I got treated like trash for doing it. :( So I needed to find me a new YouTube forum to call home. And that is when I found TubeBuddy and you all have been really cool with me. :) So here I am and now that I use the software, I am so happy I found this place. :) Google Search is how I found it.

Jay

TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
I won't say what forum, but I was banned from another YouTube-related forum for posting too much, like 6 posts in 10 minutes. I posted the topics to help the forum. They were not spam, they were good topics with my intention to help the forum. In result, I got treated like trash for doing it. :( So I needed to find me a new YouTube forum to call home. And that is when I found TubeBuddy and you all have been really cool with me. :) So here I am and now that I use the software, I am so happy I found this place. :) Google Search is how I found it.
Personally, I'm curious about what search query you used to find the forum. Do you remember?

DragoNate

TubeBuddy Star
I found TubeBuddy because I kept seeing the logo everywhere, anytime channels I watched posted comment screenshots on Twitter, it had the tb logo beside them. I started searching for ways to grow my channel and such and came across TubeBuddy, so I looked more into it and found out that's what the little icon beside comments was about.

Jay

TubeBuddy User
youtube.com
I found TubeBuddy because I kept seeing the logo everywhere, anytime channels I watched posted comment screenshots on Twitter, it had the tb logo beside them. I started searching for ways to grow my channel and such and came across TubeBuddy, so I looked more into it and found out that's what the little icon beside comments was about.
That's marketing at its finest! I'm glad you found the forums, bud! You provide me entertainment from your posts :p

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
You know, it's been a while... but I think it was through Freedom... I think... ._. when they had that crappy "Heartbeat" or whatever app it was lol. That's when I found out about Tubebuddy.

Reactions: Bitbat and Andrew

Shawn Gossman

TubeBuddy Legend
Personally, I'm curious about what search query you used to find the forum. Do you remember?
"youtube forum" which is my results, rank tubebuddy's community on page 2. I often go to other pages to find the least popular forums because those are usually the more "community friendly" types of forums. Now I say that with a double-edged sword image in my head because I run a forum that is the largest in its niche so if you type in "my forum's keyword and forum" into search, I will be the first result haha however I have pretty much the only forum in that niche as I bought out the competition a few years ago.

Needless to say, I love forums :) and I really only join the ones I want to invest a lot into, Tube Buddy got to be one of them :)

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
"youtube forum" which is my results, rank tubebuddy's community on page 2. I often go to other pages to find the least popular forums because those are usually the more "community friendly" types of forums. Now I say that with a double-edged sword image in my head because I run a forum that is the largest in its niche so if you type in "my forum's keyword and forum" into search, I will be the first result haha however I have pretty much the only forum in that niche as I bought out the competition a few years ago.

Needless to say, I love forums :) and I really only join the ones I want to invest a lot into, Tube Buddy got to be one of them :)
As the person who was brought on to create and manage these forums, that makes me very happy to hear! :D

PtDale

Newbie Member
I think this is a pretty fun and simple question!

How did you find TubeBuddy?

I'll start! An MCN I worked for at the time had a partnership with TubeBuddy. I found them and verified they were a brand with us, and that was my first point of contact. I downloaded the plugin, and fell in love with the amazing information it provided me with. When I left that company I started telling people to get TB because my own channels were growing so much with it. Then @Phil saw me doing so and reached out. I told him I was jobless, and loved his product and thus started a career in TB for me, that lead to videos, these forums, growth and fun!

So, yeah that's the simple version of how I started, but let me know! How did you find Tubebuddy?
About a year ago, AppSumo ran a killer deal on TubeBuddy and it matched what I was looking for in optimizing my YouTube channel. And, I was sold on the GIF generator (though I don't use it anymore).
--- Post updated ---
Nick Nimmin videos!

And possibly Brian G. Johnson videos.

I'm not sure which.
Nick and Brian are tremendous! Do you ever catch Nick's live video streams on Saturdays? They're great.

Reactions: Andrew

Dallas Dogs

TubeBuddy User
Nick and Brian are tremendous! Do you ever catch Nick's live video streams on Saturdays? They're great.
I have caught it live a couple times but usually catch up with it later when the recorded version becomes available. Always great information!! I learn SOMETHING valuable every time I watch an episode of either of those guys. Good stuff.

Reactions: Andrew and PtDale

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I never know when anyone's livestream is, so I watch them later. Most livestrreams go way too long anyway... I would rather watch a recording of it and skip around.
I found TubeBuddy on a video, and affiliate link, from another expat vlogger here in the Philippines. I don't remember who.

Reactions: Andrew and PtDale

PtDale

Newbie Member
Nick Nimmin videos!

And possibly Brian G. Johnson videos.

I'm not sure which.
Nick and Brian are tremendous! Do you ever catch Nick's live video streams on Saturdays
I never know when anyone's livestream is, so I watch them later. Most livestrreams go way too long anyway... I would rather watch a recording of it and skip around.
I found TubeBuddy on a video, and affiliate link, from another expat vlogger here in the Philippines. I don't remember who.
Oh, my! I never stick around for full live stream. I come in for a cup of coffee and then I'm out. But, you're method definitely works so you can skim through the content. I enjoy have the ability to get direct feedback in the live streams.
--- Post updated ---
I have caught it live a couple times but usually catch up with it later when the recorded version becomes available. Always great information!! I learn SOMETHING valuable every time I watch an episode of either of those guys. Good stuff.
100% agreed. Even if you pop in for a few minutes on their live streams, you'll get a little 4-1-1 on how to optimize your video content.

Reactions: Andrew