Need Advice Poor views to subs ratio, any advice?

Subscriber Goal
Hi Buddies,
One of my latest uploads has achieved the most views so far (34) it also has the most viewer engagement (over 111%). The funny thing is, this video wasn't even related to my usual horror content. It was a tag where we were asked to give some answers to questions relating to Film Noir. I went the extra mile and made a "mini" movie with me dressed as a femme fatale lol.
My question is, I'm enjoying great engagement and reasonable views for my channel considering it's size (53 subs). So why aren't these views converting into subs?
I've watched lots of Brian G videos, Robero Blake etc so I'm trying to optimise keywords etc.
I seem to get one or two subs, then nothing for months.
Can anyone suggest good videos to help me solve this. Any adice from Buddies having similar probs/issues would be really appreciated.
Thanks everyone :)

Draconicrose

Subscriber Goal
I'm going to be brutally honest here. All the SEO/Optimizations in the world won't help if people aren't that interested in the content. I'm not saying your content might be bad, just that it might be too niche to expect a bigger growth. The only thing I can suggest is to try another approach.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Micheal, that is a nice prolific amount of content. That's about what I produce: three to five videos per week.

I maybe be wrong as I'm still learning all this, but I don't see your keywords and keyword phrases matching across your tags, title and description. You keywords are great, all very good keywords. In fact they're far better than mine.

For instance your Boris Karloff video. One of your very good keyword phrases is "Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster," yet this very good keyword phrase isn't in the title, nor your description. There is more to SEO than tags. It needs to permeate throughout the copy in the various sections of the video page itself.

In fact if the title of the video should be "Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster, Boris Karloff Actor, Boris Karloff Biography," then your description should be like a blog post featuring each of your keywords in its own paragraph, keywords italicized:

Boris Karloff as Franenstein's Monster is one of those epically classic horror monsters. Really when you think of Frankenstein, Mr. Karloff is it...

This video is a bit of a Boris Karloff biography. The old bloke was born in Camberwell. That's here in the UK for those across the pond. Many don't know that Boris was simply his stage name...

Boris Karloff actor of the highest order: In fact most people know him as the Grinch, and he has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...​

So on and so forth until you have every keyword phrase incorporated into your description in prose just like you'd write a blog post, magazine article or something. Think of it as a word game. You're a writer. This should be up your ally.

Once you have the titles, tags and description matching, find other YouTubers posting videos on the same topic, and go start a conversation in the comments of their video. Don't put your link in. Just hang out and chat. Then go find a few horror movie forums or social media channels and post your video there and strike up conversations there.

If you do all that for each of your videos from here forward, and you still don't get more views and subscribers over the course of a few months, then you know you just don't have subject matter that will grow to what you need.

Moreover each one of those keyword phrases should me made into its own video with the same approach. Now you have playlist called Boris Karloff. Then you start posting that playlist out in the same manner as the other videos. It all build on itself.

I hope this helps. These are just a few things I've figured out on my own as I'm still on this journey.

Damon

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michael J Elliott
Subscriber Goal
Micheal, that is a nice prolific amount of content. That's about what I produce: three to five videos per week.

I maybe be wrong as I'm still learning all this, but I don't see your keywords and keyword phrases matching across your tags, title and description. You keywords are great, all very good keywords. In fact they're far better than mine.

For instance your Boris Karloff video. One of your very good keyword phrases is "Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster," yet this very good keyword phrase isn't in the title, nor your description. There is more to SEO than tags. It needs to permeate throughout the copy in the various sections of the video page itself.

In fact if the title of the video should be "Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster, Boris Karloff Actor, Boris Karloff Biography," then your description should be like a blog post featuring each of your keywords in its own paragraph, keywords italicized:

Boris Karloff as Franenstein's Monster is one of those epically classic horror monsters. Really when you think of Frankenstein, Mr. Karloff is it...

This video is a bit of a Boris Karloff biography. The old bloke was born in Camberwell. That's here in the UK for those across the pond. Many don't know that Boris was simply his stage name...

Boris Karloff actor of the highest order: In fact most people know him as the Grinch, and he has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...​

So on and so forth until you have every keyword phrase incorporated into your description in prose just like you'd write a blog post, magazine article or something. Think of it as a word game. You're a writer. This should be up your ally.

Once you have the titles, tags and description matching, find other YouTubers posting videos on the same topic, and go start a conversation in the comments of their video. Don't put your link in. Just hang out and chat. Then go find a few horror movie forums or social media channels and post your video there and strike up conversations there.

If you do all that for each of your videos from here forward, and you still don't get more views and subscribers over the course of a few months, then you know you just don't have subject matter that will grow to what you need.

Moreover each one of those keyword phrases should me made into its own video with the same approach. Now you have playlist called Boris Karloff. Then you start posting that playlist out in the same manner as the other videos. It all build on itself.

I hope this helps. These are just a few things I've figured out on my own as I'm still on this journey.

Damon
Thanks so much for all this great advice Damon.
I recently changed my thumbnasil titles from a very boring movie title to something I thought would spark interest but I hadn't considered using keywords like Frankensteins monster in the actual title or in my description.
I'm like you, it's all a bit new to me. Just when I think I've finally understood it, I realise I've been missing something.
I will start implementing your suggestions and let you know about the outcome.
Thanks for taking the time to reply :)