Just upgraded to Star..now what?

Subscriber Goal
G'day @Andrew and @Phil,
Even though I'm still a small channel, I've just upgraded to Star licence. I need a little help with some of the new features. I used the keyword ranking but I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. Do I add just random keywords or ones I've used in my videos?
Also can you tell me how to find the tags in competitors videos, I don't know where to find/use them.
Also, I'm not really sure on the best way to use the channelytics function. Do I find a competitor and type in their channel name?
Any links to TB videos that answer my questions would be appreciated.
P.S Having a ball clicking on these new icons lol

Last edited by a moderator:
abstractdiscovery.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Michael, I've been on Star as well. I've yet to dig into all the major aspects. But It is definitely a big help. It says I've saved nearly 20k (in time). I say that's fair. I use it a lot for this website I'm working on.

On keywording, you have to play around with it. What I do is for example,
"Should you upgrade to Legend (Tubebuddy)". Let's say I entered it in the exploration section. It could either say 81% GOOD! or 22% BAD.
It's confusing because the "GOOD" seems like the right choice, but it may be because no one is searching or cares for the subject.
On bad, it's just too much competition, big Youtubers have already dipped their hands in them or something else.

Try re-arranging the words. (ex) "Legend on Tubebuddy, Should you do it?" Sometimes adding your name works as well to show the middle ground. If you check the results and you own one of the 20 results shown. USE IT! Even if its the 19, you can always restrategize later.

I don't know if the info i'm giving you is "gold" but I hope it can help you rank. It helped me in certain videos but not all. It's best to own the tag. If you have a website, use the same tags and plug them there as well. Like wordpress. Twitter.. (with hash tags)

Best Regards

Life Effects

TubeBuddy Star
Hey Michael,

what you can do is you look for channels that are similar to you and then add them as competitor. Then you take tags you want to monitor - let's say "the secrets of emily blair movie review" for which you rank at the moment. Congratz on that ;-)

Then you can get a Keyword Ranking Report that gives you the developement of your ranking along with your competitors. In my example you can see that my own video creeped up two ranks.
report.png

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
G'day @Andrew and @Phil,
Even though I'm still a small channel, I've just upgraded to Star licence. I need a little help with some of the new features. I used the keyword ranking but I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. Do I add just random keywords or ones I've used in my videos?
Also can you tell me how to find the tags in competitors videos, I don't know where to find/use them.
Also, I'm not really sure on the best way to use the channelytics function. Do I find a competitor and type in their channel name?
Any links to TB videos that answer my questions would be appreciated.
P.S Having a ball clicking on these new icons lol
Perhaps we should make videos explaining the differences between the two.

On the how to use it, we made a video found here:

Hey Michael,

what you can do is you look for channels that are similar to you and then add them as competitor. Then you take tags you want to monitor - let's say "the secrets of emily blair movie review" for which you rank at the moment. Congratz on that ;-)

Then you can get a Keyword Ranking Report that gives you the developement of your ranking along with your competitors. In my example you can see that my own video creeped up two ranks. View attachment 776
This is also very useful.

To find you competitors you can follow steps mentioned above.

For channelytics it shows a you versus them, so heading to their channel can tell you what they and you are doing at least in terms of growth. Then if you go on their videos you can see how they are tagging, what there metadata looks like, and how they are running their channel :-0

OP
OP
Michael J Elliott
Subscriber Goal
Hi Michael, I've been on Star as well. I've yet to dig into all the major aspects. But It is definitely a big help. It says I've saved nearly 20k (in time). I say that's fair. I use it a lot for this website I'm working on.

On keywording, you have to play around with it. What I do is for example,
"Should you upgrade to Legend (Tubebuddy)". Let's say I entered it in the exploration section. It could either say 81% GOOD! or 22% BAD.
It's confusing because the "GOOD" seems like the right choice, but it may be because no one is searching or cares for the subject.
On bad, it's just too much competition, big Youtubers have already dipped their hands in them or something else.

Try re-arranging the words. (ex) "Legend on Tubebuddy, Should you do it?" Sometimes adding your name works as well to show the middle ground. If you check the results and you own one of the 20 results shown. USE IT! Even if its the 19, you can always restrategize later.

I don't know if the info i'm giving you is "gold" but I hope it can help you rank. It helped me in certain videos but not all. It's best to own the tag. If you have a website, use the same tags and plug them there as well. Like wordpress. Twitter.. (with hash tags)

Best Regards
Thanks so much for this great adive and help. I was actually just adding stuff like besthorrormovies and wasn't getting anything back in results lol!
--- Post updated ---
Hey Michael,

Then you can get a Keyword Ranking Report that gives you the developement of your ranking along with your competitors. In my example you can see that my own video creeped up two ranks. View attachment 776
Thanks Life Effects.
I had no idea I'd ranked for the secrets of Emily Blair lol. This is a big help and I appreciate the screenshot that makes it really clear:)

abstractdiscovery.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for tips everyone! Can I ask, should all of our tags have the green next to it?
I figured out ways on the new Tubebuddy to make those red tags turn green.
TLDR, does it make a significant difference?

Thanks again