Technology What Microphones do you Use?

Murthag91

Newbie Member
After 5 month of being unployed i found a new job!! I would like to buy a new set of headphones becouse mine are terrible, what do you suggest with a budget of 50€?

I personally use Rode Microphones for everything. For in person video I boom a Rode VideoMic Pro, and for my voice over work I use my Rode NT-1 :)

What microphone(s) do you use?
I was using my crappy headset microphone but it's been getting substantially crappier for a little while now and after moving the whole setup into my new office it's just godawful.

My new mic arrived today though and it's AMAZING. I can't wait to start using it for my let's plays and who knows what else!
It's a Neewer USB Recording Condenser Mic - NW - 700 - USB
Under $50 and it came with a bunch of cool stuff too!

EV Nick

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
I use the Rode Video Micro, i did a sound test with 3 mics and the sound quality for this budget mic is just WOW

Updated To Follow forum Rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

GearVlogz

TubeBuddy Pro
Gearvlogz.com
I recently just purchased this: Movo VXR4000-PRO Shotgun Video Condenser Microphone for DSLR Video Cameras with Suspension Mount, 2-Step High Pass Filter and 3-Stage Audio Level Controls. So far I've been happy with the results that I've gotten. The true test will be this weekend after Monterey Car Week.

--- Post updated ---
Andrew, are you using the NTG4+ as a handheld microphone or Boom microphone for your IRL filming?
Just updated my Mic for IRL Film-making now using the RODE NTG4+

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I recently just purchased this: Movo VXR4000-PRO Shotgun Video Condenser Microphone for DSLR Video Cameras with Suspension Mount, 2-Step High Pass Filter and 3-Stage Audio Level Controls. So far I've been happy with the results that I've gotten. The true test will be this weekend after Monterey Car Week.

--- Post updated ---
Andrew, are you using the NTG4+ as a handheld microphone or Boom microphone for your IRL filming?
Boom microphone! I use the rode reporter for handheld operations! :D