• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help I need help with uploading custom thumbnails

aviation photo guy

I currently use Microsoft Photos to create my custom thumbnails. I use a snapshot from my video. I often crop
the snapshot to get a more close-up view of my image (I film airplanes). The image has always uploaded to my
channel as a custom thumbnail with the new image appearing just as I have saved it after cropping the snapshot.
On my latest video, when I do this same process, the image has a black border on the left and right side and
does not fill up the thumbnail screen completely. And it looks that way on my channel home page and devices.
I'm not sure why YouTube is doing this to my image when it has worked before on several videos. In the past
I used Microsoft Photo Editor for the editing, but it disappeared from my system after a Windows update and
I can't find it in the Windows Store, which is unfortunate because it was a much better editor. I also tried the same editing process in Adobe Express without success. Any suggestions or advice on how to fix the crop problem I have described will be appreciated, as well as any suggestions on how to restore MS Photo editor to my system. Thank you.

Last edited: