Need Advice Dealing with Audiences that speak a different language?

Johnson J

New User
I've recently been collaborating with a good friend of mine who runs a Minecraft channel and he does YouTube full-time. The Problem is that his audience is at least 90% french and they all speak french so whenever we collaborate I get all of his french audience running around my channel. So my question is what is the best and most efficient way I can communicate with them, and how can I grow off of the foreign audience visiting my channel?

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I actually used to have a lot of Russians as my audience and they would either write in terrible English or Russian. I never had a big problem with this since I end up using Google translate as a way to communicate with them.

It doesn't translate perfectly, but I manage to get what they're trying to say for the most part.

I also used to have this person who would read my fanfiction and she was writing everything in Spanish lol. I used google translate as well to communicate with her.

OP
OP
Johnson J

Johnson J

New User
I actually used to have a lot of Russians as my audience and they would either write in terrible English or Russian. I never had a big problem with this since I end up using Google translate as a way to communicate with them.

It doesn't translate perfectly, but I manage to get what they're trying to say for the most part.

I also used to have this person who would read my fanfiction and she was writing everything in Spanish lol. I used google translate as well to communicate with her.
Sounds good, I'll try my best to communicate.

nerycolon1

Newbie Member
In my FaceBook I only accept English or Spanish language because I'm bilingual, but I have a few friends that are from other language because they are gamers and in order to be in my group I accept them but they write in their language and I see it in English. In YouTube I just say thank you and a thumbs up. Since my time is very tight I don't have the time but we get along great they put the word Good and I put the Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nereidapr1

Aaron

goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I've collabed with people from quite a few different countries in my time. Did tons of stuff with a dude from the Netherlands and a dude from Japan, Gaming with a dude from the French area of Canada (Quebec), a girl from Italy, a girl from Norway, and 2 people from Pakistan.

I also used to work with a business that had a majority of Portuguese speaking customers.

In the case of the business I found myself using a translator frequently and attempting to help to the best of my ability. For all the collabing I've been lucky to never really get a language barrier on my comments (I should note that I never post the collabs on my channel, I simply guest in people's videos occasionally.) and in the videos I've been in everyone spoke english (with an accent most of the time as well) and in their comments some were in other languages but at the same time I'm not consistently checking their comments, if its directed toward me they are likely to tag me or visit my channel and ask in which case google translate it is! Also keep in mind that chances are the person you collab'd with may also speak that language so its always an idea to ask them :).