• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Opinion Which Laptop is Best for Video Editing

digipresence

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Is Macbook or Surface Book gives enough graphic power to edit videos without compromising the wait time and not having processes lag? I am thinking about having a laptop for editing as well so I can use it on the go as well as connect 2 to 3 monitors with a dock. Any suggestion, please?

Tina G

TubeBuddy Legend
I love my macbook air. I don't have 2 or 3 monitors hooked up but I could use an extra for sure. Have you called Apple to discuss what you want to do and what kind of speed you need?

OP
OP
D

digipresence

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I love my macbook air. I don't have 2 or 3 monitors hooked up but I could use an extra for sure. Have you called Apple to discuss what you want to do and what kind of speed you need?
I had Macbook before and the display card in it died. I was extensively using it for photoshop, for photo editing. I want to try a different setup and looking for Windows based perhaps, thinking about Surface series. (or any other graphing power based potable computer)

Reactions: Tina G

sarmad149761

High-performance laptops like the MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 15, or MSI Creator series are suitable for video editing. Look for models with powerful CPUs, dedicated GPUs, ample RAM (16GB or more), and fast SSD storage.

Reactions: Tina G

ashoka232

I had Macbook before and the display card in it died. I was extensively using it for photoshop, for photo editing. I want to try a different setup and looking for cinema hd v2 apk Windows based perhaps, thinking about Surface series. (or any other graphing power based potable computer)
High-performance laptops like the MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 15, or MSI Creator series are suitable for video editing. Look for models with powerful CPUs, dedicated GPUs, ample RAM (16GB or more), and fast SSD storage.
I used Macbook Pro and Dell XPS 15. I would recommend XPS 15. I am currently using Dell XPS 15 and this one is amazing for video editing.

Last edited:

AzadaliMali

Is Macbook or Surface Book gives enough graphic power to edit videos without compromising the wait time and not having processes lag? I am thinking about having a laptop for editing as well so I can use it on the go as well as connect 2 to 3 monitors with a dock. Any suggestion, please?
It would be helpful if you specified your field of activity. For regular non-linear editing for YouTube, a core i5 or i7 processor should suffice. Consider whether spending money on terrabytes of memory is necessary, as videos can be immediately uploaded to the cloud. However, if you are a streamer, I recommend focusing on internal memory and RAM. Software like Movavi Screen Recorder typically requires a lot of RAM, so it's wise to ensure your computer is equipped to handle smooth screen recording without overheating.

Last edited:

Preston78

High-performance laptops such as the MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 15, or MSI Creator series are ideal for video editing. Choose models with powerful CPUs, dedicated GPUs, at least 16GB of RAM, and fast SSD storage for optimal performance. g