TubeBuddy Tips How I gained 100 subscribers in a month.

Sanoma

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hey all,
I originally posted this in the milestone area but felt it would be more helpful here. I just want to say thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community. I have met some amazing people, and I don't think I could have made it to 200 without you all. For all of you still trying to reach 100, or 200, this is what I've done to reach it:
  • Interaction is KEY, always interact with people who comment on your videos. If they ask a question, answer it. If they give you a compliment, say thank you. Treating your subscribers like more than a number is important in gaining new subscribers.
  • SEO, now there are still points when SEO confuses me. But, it is very important to get your videos seen. I always try to go for long-tailed keywords they are much easier to rank by. When I find a long-tailed keyword that ranks well (using TubeBuddies help) I usually will make that my title and add it in to the first line of my description. Also with my titles, I always use an interesting/ click bait title first AND then I use my ranking title. A couple examples:
    • Surprise Unboxing- Little Light Lab
    • I wrecked my car?! My first rave storytime
  • Interact with the community. On youtube, there are a select few that do my sort of videos. I pay attention to their videos, comment on them, like them, and support them. I've found this has actually helped me. If you go around leaving witty, funny, clever, or knowledgeable posts on other videos people will see that and be more inclined to click on your channel. I also am in this forum, and a subreddit called newtubers, and a facebook group for vloggers and I am in a few google+ communities. If you do not interact with other people, they will not interact with you. It's like sitting in your room and expecting to have friends. Don't be a youtube hermit.
  • NEVER SUB4SUB. I don't know how many times I have to tell people this. Everyone knows wat Sub4Sub is, and potential subscribers can be scared off if you have 500 subscribers and you're only getting 20 views a video. Sub4Sub will get you numbers, it will not get you viewers or loyal subs. Subscription number is not that important if you are not getting any views.
  • Encourage engagement on your videos. Youtube likes videos that have a lot of engagement. Encourage people to comment, start a game or just ask opinionated questions.
  • Playlists! Playlists are a way to keep viewers on your channel longer and encourage them to get to know you more. (As you all know) having videos in a playlist keeps videos playing one after the other, doing this can both increase your views and watchtime. Hopefully turning viewers into subcribers if they enjoy your content.
  • Talk about trending topics. That is probably the biggest reason my views, watch time, and subscription number went up this past month. I went to Miami to go to Ultra Music Festival and I vlogged the entire thing. Ultra was number 3 in trending and I got a lot of traffic onto my channel because of it.
  • Share, share, share. You can't gain subscribers if you post your video and expect it to blow up. Share to as many social media platforms as you can. On twitter and instagram use hashtags to help get more traffic.
  • Set up a website. My website has helped me get more traffic to my channel along with helping me interact with my subscribers more. I used squarespace to make mine, but there are several options such as wix, weebly, go daddy, and several more. Squarespace is my personal favorite.
  • Quality over quantity. period. 58C579AB-2C7C-45AA-8A89-99B4792702EF
  • The Most Important part, don't get discouraged. Getting those first 100 subscribers is the hardest and most draining part of this process. After hitting 100, it became much easier to gain subscribers. Keep working hard and putting out quality content and you all will get there.
These are all things that I've personally done to help me gain 100 subscribers in just a little over a month. If you all have any other things that have helped you I'd love to hear them. Let me know how many subscribers you have, or if you have any questions.!:)

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey all,
I originally posted this in the milestone area but felt it would be more helpful here. I just want to say thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community. I have met some amazing people, and I don't think I could have made it to 200 without you all. For all of you still trying to reach 100, or 200, this is what I've done to reach it:
  • Interaction is KEY, always interact with people who comment on your videos. If they ask a question, answer it. If they give you a compliment, say thank you. Treating your subscribers like more than a number is important in gaining new subscribers.
  • SEO, now there are still points when SEO confuses me. But, it is very important to get your videos seen. I always try to go for long-tailed keywords they are much easier to rank by. When I find a long-tailed keyword that ranks well (using TubeBuddies help) I usually will make that my title and add it in to the first line of my description. Also with my titles, I always use an interesting/ click bait title first AND then I use my ranking title. A couple examples:
  • Interact with the community. On youtube, there are a select few that do my sort of videos. I pay attention to their videos, comment on them, like them, and support them. I've found this has actually helped me. If you go around leaving witty, funny, clever, or knowledgeable posts on other videos people will see that and be more inclined to click on your channel. I also am in this forum, and a subreddit called newtubers, and a facebook group for vloggers and I am in a few google+ communities. If you do not interact with other people, they will not interact with you. It's like sitting in your room and expecting to have friends. Don't be a youtube hermit.
  • NEVER SUB4SUB. I don't know how many times I have to tell people this. Everyone knows wat Sub4Sub is, and potential subscribers can be scared off if you have 500 subscribers and you're only getting 20 views a video. Sub4Sub will get you numbers, it will not get you viewers or loyal subs. Subscription number is not that important if you are not getting any views.
  • Encourage engagement on your videos. Youtube likes videos that have a lot of engagement. Encourage people to comment, start a game or just ask opinionated questions.
  • Playlists! Playlists are a way to keep viewers on your channel longer and encourage them to get to know you more. (As you all know) having videos in a playlist keeps videos playing one after the other, doing this can both increase your views and watchtime. Hopefully turning viewers into subcribers if they enjoy your content.
  • Talk about trending topics. That is probably the biggest reason my views, watch time, and subscription number went up this past month. I went to Miami to go to Ultra Music Festival and I vlogged the entire thing. Ultra was number 3 in trending and I got a lot of traffic onto my channel because of it.
  • Share, share, share. You can't gain subscribers if you post your video and expect it to blow up. Share to as many social media platforms as you can. On twitter and instagram use hashtags to help get more traffic.
  • Set up a website. My website has helped me get more traffic to my channel along with helping me interact with my subscribers more. I used squarespace to make mine, but there are several options such as wix, weebly, go daddy, and several more. Squarespace is my personal favorite.
  • Quality over quantity. period.
  • The Most Important part, don't get discouraged. Getting those first 100 subscribers is the hardest and most draining part of this process. After hitting 100, it became much easier to gain subscribers. Keep working hard and putting out quality content and you all will get there.
These are all things that I've personally done to help me gain 100 subscribers in just a little over a month. If you all have any other things that have helped you I'd love to hear them. Let me know how many subscribers you have, or if you have any questions.!:)
Moved to this to Content Strategies because it fits best here. Also no need to create the same thread twice in the future :)

Really great information, so I am going to sticky this!

OP
OP
Sanoma

Sanoma

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Moved to this to Content Strategies because it fits best here. Also no need to create the same thread twice in the future :)

Really great information, so I am going to sticky this!
Thank you! I wasn't sure where to put it. o_O

Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much for this JustSanoma,
I've just hit 42 sub (about 3 weeks ago it was 25) It's nailbiting but exciting seeing your subs go up by even one. I always interact with everyone who comments, great point that.
Like you say, ask questions. At the end of a video, Ill ask my viewers what they'd like me to review/what's their favourite horror movie etc.
This can also help give you ideas for your next video.
Thanks for the post
Best Wishes :)

OP
OP
Sanoma

Sanoma

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much for this JustSanoma,
I've just hit 42 sub (about 3 weeks ago it was 25) It's nailbiting but exciting seeing your subs go up by even one. I always interact with everyone who comments, great point that.
Like you say, ask questions. At the end of a video, Ill ask my viewers what they'd like me to review/what's their favourite horror movie etc.
This can also help give you ideas for your next video.
Thanks for the post
Best Wishes :)
Thank you for reading! Everyone grows at a different rate, it took me almost 8 months to even reach 100 subs. I still can't believe i'm at 200! Keep up the great work and you'll get there in no time:)

Subscriber Goal
Thank you for reading! Everyone grows at a different rate, it took me almost 8 months to even reach 100 subs. I still can't believe i'm at 200! Keep up the great work and you'll get there in no time:)
For sure!
If there's one thing I've learnt is that it's all about discoverability. When people find you and they like what you do they come back. I still get a chill up my spine when I think people around the worrld are seeing my videos:scream:

Mirthful tale

New User
well i cant interact with my "fans" cause i dont have any. well the ones i do have dont comment on my videos.
I try to post two videos a month. I also post them on reddit and facebook. But that doesn't help that much .
I use tags and sometimes i go with trending topics but still nothing (very little)

any other advice, i just dont get views. and its a letdown
-thanks

Joyi

New User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you! I wasn't sure where to put it. o_O
Thanks so much for some awesome advice, I am just launching this channel and I am very excited to start building that personal connection you spoke of. I think that is why I am most interested in ideo as my medium of choice.

Thanks again, Joy

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
well i cant interact with my "fans" cause i dont have any. well the ones i do have dont comment on my videos.
I try to post two videos a month. I also post them on reddit and facebook. But that doesn't help that much .
I use tags and sometimes i go with trending topics but still nothing (very little)

any other advice, i just dont get views. and its a letdown
-thanks
Posting more frequently (around 2 - 3 videos a week) will help you in the long run to gain more subscribers. People who usually don't post frequently, often have already established a brand for themselves and/or is pouring more effort into their content. Putting a call-to-action in your videos would help people liking and commenting your videos (a la the basic "remember to leave a comment" etc).

Kelly Joyce

New User
Such great advice that I took some notes ! I just started my channel end of June and only have 10 subscribers / about 400 views , its frustrating !

www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
Great Post; and it was very informative and helpful. Thank you :)

Hey all,

Nicole_01

New User
Thank you for the info. I’m definitely at the very beginning. I’m trying to make my video in high quality rather than lots at once. So I’m going a bit slower I feel.

How many videos should you make a week or does that not really matter?

Hey all,
very good thanks

Kate's Adventures

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for the info. I’m definitely at the very beginning. I’m trying to make my video in high quality rather than lots at once. So I’m going a bit slower I feel.

How many videos should you make a week or does that not really matter?
Hi Nicole (sorry I'm not the OP but I don't think she's active any more so I thought I'd chip in with my thoughts).

Higher quality videos are definitely a better focus than quantity. How many videos a week are you doing just now? I done weekly videos for a long time and on the weeks that I felt like I could make more than one video, I made more than one video and kept one for the week after so that if I ever got super busy or a video was taking longer than I expected, I'd still have something ready to release. I believe quality and consistency are more appreciated by viewers than quantity.