• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Tubebuddy Search Volume Questions

yoitzmekami

So I used the search term "Forza Horizon 5" in both Tubebuddy and VidIQ. Tubebuddy is showing 60K monthly search volume while VidIQ is showing over 2 million. Forza is a huge franchise and I'm 100% sure the actual search volume number is way closer to VidIQ's 2M results than Tubebuddy's 60K result. So I have 3 questions:

1. Since I know VidIQ uses YouTube API to collect search volume, does tubebuddy use it as well?
2. If yes, why is the search volume so different on both apps? (I used other terms and 9/10 the search volume was more accurate on VidIQ)
3. Even on the Pro version of tubebuddy (which I have on one of my brand accounts) most of the very popular search terms are showing "Not Sufficient Data" in search volume while on the free version of VidIQ, they are providing proper data which is very close to what it actually should have been. So why are those most popular search results showing "Not Sufficient Data" instead of providing data.

In short, when I compare the Pro version of Tubebuddy with the free version of VidIQ, tubebuddy is either not providing any data ("Not Sufficient Data") or completely showing outright wrong search results. Kindly explain and resolve this issue. Also if I can get a Free upgrade for my tubebuddy license, please do let me know. Thank you.

Attachments

• tubebuddy.jpg
    tubebuddy.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 47
  • vidiq.jpg
    vidiq.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 48

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
So I used the search term "Forza Horizon 5" in both Tubebuddy and VidIQ. Tubebuddy is showing 60K monthly search volume while VidIQ is showing over 2 million. Forza is a huge franchise and I'm 100% sure the actual search volume number is way closer to VidIQ's 2M results than Tubebuddy's 60K result. So I have 3 questions:

1. Since I know VidIQ uses YouTube API to collect search volume, does tubebuddy use it as well?
2. If yes, why is the search volume so different on both apps? (I used other terms and 9/10 the search volume was more accurate on VidIQ)
3. Even on the Pro version of tubebuddy (which I have on one of my brand accounts) most of the very popular search terms are showing "Not Sufficient Data" in search volume while on the free version of VidIQ, they are providing proper data which is very close to what it actually should have been. So why are those most popular search results showing "Not Sufficient Data" instead of providing data.

In short, when I compare the Pro version of Tubebuddy with the free version of VidIQ, tubebuddy is either not providing any data ("Not Sufficient Data") or completely showing outright wrong search results. Kindly explain and resolve this issue. Also if I can get a Free upgrade for my Tubebuddy license, please do let me know. Thank you.

Hi!

Sorry, I missed this... Things have been on fire lately, haha. Now, when it comes to keyword explorer, yes, that's right, TubeBuddy uses YouTube API, and we provide you the information that we directly extract from YouTube and Google search engines. I'm unaware of why the VidiQ data isn't matching up with TubeBuddy but... I do know that they are also relying on other ways to extract this information, so I may not be able to provide you with the exact answer for this discrepancy. The best would be to get in touch with their support and ask this question, and it would be great if you could share that information with us here.

Now when it comes to the keyword " Forza Horizon 5", as per the keyword explorer, the keyword is rated as "poor" due to it being a heavily used tag.
1702031267000.png

The game itself is super trending and competitive and there are big YouTubers out there who're covering this keyword or the topic, which means, it will take a lot of views for your videos to enter into the search competitive, in my case, I'll at least need 905 views for each of my Forza Horizon videos to be eligible to enter into the search results, that too it further depends on how well the video has been optimized and how good audience retention you have.

Here, we can see that we're getting at least 60k searches every month, and the trend chart shows the number of searches per day if you hover over that line graph. At times, you may see that the chart won't be showing up or will be shown as insufficient data, which is a commonly known outcome when we're not receiving enough data from YouTube's end to display it through our extension. In this case, it's best that you give it some time until the traffic gets to normal and try again later, perhaps a day after if possible and see if the issue persists.

If, in the monthly estimated search, you encounter the statement "insufficient search volume or data" it means that the searches for that specific term are less than 50 a month, which means it's not that bad, but since the search is way less, it can't be populated.

----

Regarding the free trial, you should be able to get one if you're channel is eligible. Simply head to Our Free Trial Website and you should be able to see the ways you can get a sponsor upgrades.

Hope that helps.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

In short, when I compare the Pro version of Tubebuddy with the free version of VidIQ, tubebuddy is either not providing any data ("Not Sufficient Data") or completely showing outright wrong search results. Kindly explain and resolve this issue. Also if I can get a Free upgrade for my Tubebuddy license, please do let me know. Thank you.

Hi!

Sorry, I missed this... Things have been on fire lately, haha. Now, when it comes to keyword explorer, yes, that's right, TubeBuddy uses YouTube API, and we provide you the information that we directly extract from YouTube and Google search engines. I'm unaware of why the VidiQ data isn't matching up with TubeBuddy but... I do know that they are also relying on other ways to extract this information, so I may not be able to provide you with the exact answer for this discrepancy. The best would be to get in touch with their support and ask this question, and it would be great if you could share that information with us here.

Now when it comes to the keyword " Forza Horizon 5", as per the keyword explorer, the keyword is rated as "poor" due to it being a heavily used tag.
1702031267000.png

The game itself is super trending and competitive and there are big YouTubers out there who're covering this keyword or the topic, which means, it will take a lot of views for your videos to enter into the search competitive, in my case, I'll at least need 905 views for each of my Forza Horizon videos to be eligible to enter into the search results, that too it further depends on how well the video has been optimized and how good audience retention you have.

Here, we can see that we're getting at least 60k searches every month, and the trend chart shows the number of searches per day if you hover over that line graph. At times, you may see that the chart won't be showing up or will be shown as insufficient data, which is a commonly known outcome when we're not receiving enough data from YouTube's end to display it through our extension. In this case, it's best that you give it some time until the traffic gets to normal and try again later, perhaps a day after if possible and see if the issue persists.

If, in the monthly estimated search, you encounter the statement "insufficient search volume or data" it means that the searches for that specific term are less than 50 a month, which means it's not that bad, but since the search is way less, it can't be populated.

----

Regarding the free trial, you should be able to get one if you're channel is eligible. Simply head to Our Free Trial Website and you should be able to see the ways you can get a sponsor upgrades.

Hope that helps.