• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered minor bug with YouTube admin/analytics/Overview not having clickable links periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often leave the YouTube admin/analytics/Overview page up all day long in one of my chrome tabs (for responding to comments and checking sub counts and such). I've noticed that every so often all the links on the page (like SEE LIVE COUNT or SEE MORE or etc.) are not clickable until I hit f5 due to TB's extension. Clicking the TB upper right insert (the "Toolbox) and then closing it still doesn't make the links on the page clickable. But if I hit f5 then I can click them (and I believe then when links aren't clickable and I hit f5 then I also (sometimes or always, I'm not sure) get the TB ad about upgrading -- so maybe the bug has to do with the ad not showing visibly until you refresh, yet the browser still thinks its there and so it blocks clicking on links.

NOTE: have you considered creating a forum for TB bugs? :)

Ok, it looks like you can delete/close this issue, as I think I've made a mistake. I disabled tubebuddy (my only extension) and saw that the refresh behavior making some stuff not clickable is still happening with the YouTube admin site. It looks like YouTube recently made some changes (like they renamed Monetization to Earn) and my guess is that something with their recent changes caused the clickable issue, rather than anything to do with TubeBuddy.

Reactions: Nody | Team TB
OP
OP
GenExDividendInvestr
Just had it happen again.. This time no TB ad came up, so its not tied to that.

I noticed ADVANCED MODE seemed clickable, but SEE LIVE COUNT and both SEE MORE were not clickable (until I refreshed).

OP
OP
GenExDividendInvestr
It seems like you're encountering a specific issue related to the Toolbox extension affecting the functionality of links on your YouTube admin/analytics page. This might be linked to an ad from the extension not displaying properly until the page is refreshed, resulting in the links becoming unclickable. Refreshing the page (F5) appears to resolve this issue temporarily. You might want to reach out to the extension's support or explore settings within the extension to address this behavior.
I did reach out to extension's support -- TubeBuddy is the extension in question, which is why I posted here :)

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I often leave the YouTube admin/analytics/Overview page up all day long in one of my chrome tabs (for responding to comments and checking sub counts and such). I've noticed that every so often all the links on the page (like SEE LIVE COUNT or SEE MORE or etc.) are not clickable until I hit f5 due to TB's extension. Clicking the TB upper right insert (the "Toolbox) and then closing it still doesn't make the links on the page clickable. But if I hit f5 then I can click them (and I believe then when links aren't clickable and I hit f5 then I also (sometimes or always, I'm not sure) get the TB ad about upgrading -- so maybe the bug has to do with the ad not showing visibly until you refresh, yet the browser still thinks its there and so it blocks clicking on links.

NOTE: have you considered creating a forum for TB bugs? :)

Hey! Thanks for all the insights! It's really informative.

We do have a TB Outage thread in our discord server. That said, it's really a good idea to have a dedicated TB forum bugs thread. I will get to it soon!

OP
OP
GenExDividendInvestr
Ok, it looks like you can delete/close this issue, as I think I've made a mistake. I disabled tubebuddy (my only extension) and saw that the refresh behavior making some stuff not clickable is still happening with the YouTube admin site. It looks like YouTube recently made some changes (like they renamed Monetization to Earn) and my guess is that something with their recent changes caused the clickable issue, rather than anything to do with TubeBuddy.

Reactions: Nody | Team TB
Status
Not open for further replies.