• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Shorts Thumbnail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy@truestoriesonly

I noticed that TubeBuddy allows me to choose a thumbnail for a short I recently uploaded. However, the thumbnail (I chose a spot in the video) looks ΓÇ£stretched outΓÇ¥ on my end. IΓÇÖm wondering if this will affect views? The short posts tomorrow, so IΓÇÖll be able to see it ΓÇ£liveΓÇ¥ then, but I wanted to ask in advance in case thereΓÇÖs anything I can change on my end before it goes live.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I noticed that TubeBuddy allows me to choose a thumbnail for a short I recently uploaded. However, the thumbnail (I chose a spot in the video) looks ΓÇ£stretched outΓÇ¥ on my end. IΓÇÖm wondering if this will affect views? The short posts tomorrow, so IΓÇÖll be able to see it ΓÇ£liveΓÇ¥ then, but I wanted to ask in advance in case thereΓÇÖs anything I can change on my end before it goes live.

Most of the time, YouTube selects the thumbnail for the shorts on its own. However, if the thumbnail that you chose looks stretched out, it shouldn't really affect the views as people won't see your thumbnail in the shorts shelf. The thumbnail is only visible if people are searching your videos or if they encounter it on their home feeds; otherwise, for shorts, you should be good. The short's performance solely depends on how intriguing your video is and how well people react or respond, so you can rest assured that it won't affect your views just because you chose a stretched or bit-off thumbnail.

Status
Not open for further replies.