• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Lets be honest - the Youtube promotions tab is not that great...

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
We have used it multiple times and feel like the return has not been great. Do you feel like that Youtube is making it harder now for Youtubers that they have to resort to paying for promotion outside of their organic growth?

Reactions: Damon

TK Designs

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
I haven't used it, but I read up a little and found that subscribers and watch time from a promotion doesn't count toward monetzation anyway. In my niche, organic growth seems to be fairly slow, so even if I got good amount of traffic and subscribers from a promotion, it would be pretty worthless, since I doubt it would feed my normal content to new viewers once the promotion ended. Just doesn't seem like a good value at all to me.

Give us the subscribers and watch time that would be earned through the promotion, and maybe I would consider it. Do you spend a lot when you do those promotions? As far as YouTube making it harder, I would say yes. I mean, 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours is hard enough. Throw in the introduction of shorts, and it takes away from long form.

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I haven't used it, but I read up a little and found that subscribers and watch time from a promotion doesn't count toward monetzation anyway. In my niche, organic growth seems to be fairly slow, so even if I got good amount of traffic and subscribers from a promotion, it would be pretty worthless, since I doubt it would feed my normal content to new viewers once the promotion ended. Just doesn't seem like a good value at all to me.

Give us the subscribers and watch time that would be earned through the promotion, and maybe I would consider it. Do you spend a lot when you do those promotions? As far as YouTube making it harder, I would say yes. I mean, 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours is hard enough. Throw in the introduction of shorts, and it takes away from long form.
We havent spent that much. We have mostly done it a few times when we were first with our unboxings of a calendar and we beat other people in our niche to it. Didnt see much results from it... but we have always been organic on everything we have done

• Love
Reactions: Damon