• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion How to deal with trolls

ClaraSais

Subscriber Goal
Just had a really nasty comment about my vlog on Reddit. I know IΓÇÖm going to get them but IΓÇÖm really starting to doubt my channel as itΓÇÖs struggling to get subs.
How does everybody deal with trolls? People are so nasty :(

Blissful Connections

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Just had a really nasty comment about my vlog on Reddit. I know IΓÇÖm going to get them but IΓÇÖm really starting to doubt my channel as itΓÇÖs struggling to get subs.

I am sorry to hear this happened. Unfortunately, it's always a possibility that we would run into this. I know I can't say anything to make the situation better as a whole but I will say the best response that I believe works in this case is simply dismiss it. Now with that, I know everyone has the option of responding differently to this issue so this is simply my opinion. I would not give negativity any of my energy as I have faced this in life and over time (oftentimes in a short turnaround) I noticed the negativity certainly died down and only occurred sporadically thereafter. When there's no reaction, the negativity loses its attempted fizzle. Hope this thought is helpful in some manner. Hope you continue your vlog. Have a wonderful day!

Reactions: ClaraSais

TheFrickinShredder

Hi ClaraSais: I get nasty feedback on my YouTube channel from time to time. I used to delete them but then another YouTuber told me I should leave them as they help with the algorithm by showing activity. I think you have two choices - kill them with kindness or give a snarky reply - which is what I tend to do. I just can't let the person go without feeling my bite. :) Hope this helps. At one point I even made a video about some of the hateful comments I received.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClaraSais
OP
OP
ClaraSais

ClaraSais

Subscriber Goal
So remember this. Your not the only one been harassed abused... or trolled multiple times from times. There is well over a million subscribers on YouTube and well over many many YouTube channels.. yes that's over 1 million channels on YouTube and 90% many of them do get the occasion abused... harassed and or trolled. So you are not the only marginable one been trolled by others on YouTube. So harassments and trolls on YouTube is nothing new since YouTube began in the early 2000s.

It all comes to comment sense. But of course no one can see you if i was to troll you or abuse you or harassed you or just be friendly always and all the times. Im not one of these and i hate and yes i hate harassment's and trolls. I do get them too but very very rare meantime..

Step 1: Do not respond to trolled and harassment's abused comments if they have posted something in any of your videos.
First you need to manually and yes i mean MANUAL settings and you must set this under settings where you must set it up correctly when someone post a message on your videos. So Set it up like you have to (review the message first) before that message gets to be displayed in public in your video comments below. When someone message your video lets say (i like your video and your content) this message i wrote to you in your video is now WAITING for you for you to review it before you accept it to be published or not. If you do not like it to be published then you can delete the message peacefully or you can block the user and delete the message.

This is a good way for you to control your channel and you are the mastermind to see what goes into your channel even to every single text that comes thru by anyone. So set it up as (review the message first)

If you set it all automatically and let subs and non subscribers comment your videos.. What happens if someone spams your channel by having a idiot brain dead person spamming your videos by someone posting something with links in your video comments while YOU ARE ASLEEP.. Imagine the horrible things that might go behind the sense while your gone to bed..

Imagine your gone to sleep.. your not looking at YouTube and now people know they can easily spread your channel by throwing in spamming and horsemint comments and now all these comments are displayed in public for everybody to see. While you are not aware whats happening because your asleep or away from YouTube and not looking at your YouTube channel.

By the time you wake up from bed and log into YouTube.. You will notice someone has spam your channel 8 hours ago perhaps 5 hours ago while you where asleep and that few hours that the user spam you has been displayed on your channel for hours for people to see... Now your channel is ruined with all kinds of spams and what not. So please whatever you do... for the SAKE of protecting your content.. Set the comments manually as review it before you go ahead and accept it...

That's how i set things up on my channel. And i always 100% keep my content and comments super clean on my channel with total Super happiness comments and pleasant to read.

If you didn't do that people can see what people have commented in your videos whole you where asleep and they see your channel is been spread with spams and abuses and whatever the case may be.'

So do not respond to negativity comments.. Do not accept the mesage to be displayed. please block the user follow by delete that comment. Unless you dont mind.. then that is a diferent story if you dont care about protecting your channel. Like i said its pretty common that abuses and harrasements and spam trolls are nothing new on the Internet... not just youtube but every single social media you can find.. Blame the virus that goes into peoples brain since the internet began in the 90s for many households.. We live in a messed up world because humans.. Not because what the planet is... Its humans ruined others day and humans can be contagious and all that kind of stuff. You get what i mean so be happy and set your comments manually review first. Let us know how it all goes for you in the near future. I hope i have helped you well enough. Im just another human just like you wanting to know things and happy to help others...

All the best again :)
Thank you :)

Reactions: kenjackson