• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Using copyrighted music on Youtube shorts

GrooveOn

Familiar Member
I was led to believe that recently YouTube now allows youtube shorts to use copyrighted music so thought I would test the water.
I uploaded my short through which was 45 secs long using YouTube Studio and after the copyright checks, it stated that copyrighted music was found, but not a copyright strike and does not affect my channel. I could use the music but the video would not be monitsation.
I then uploaded a shorter video, this time less than 15 secs as I had read that it can allow the use of copyrighted music, however the exact same result as above.

Do any other people use copyrighted music without any YouTube restrictions?

Thanks

Reactions: kenjackson
OP
OP
GrooveOn

GrooveOn

Familiar Member
Thanks Kenjackson, you are correct, I do not like the unclean 'strikes but no actions' on my channel, so have deleted straight away. I have tried over the years to thank the musician, record label and as much as possible, but it never seems to help.

If any know a good place to pay for copyright music for a Youtube short then let me know., thanks

Reactions: kenjackson

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I was led to believe that recently YouTube now allows youtube shorts to use copyrighted music so thought I would test the water.
I uploaded my short through which was 45 secs long using YouTube Studio and after the copyright checks, it stated that copyrighted music was found, but not a copyright strike and does not affect my channel. I could use the music but the video would not be monitsation.
I then uploaded a shorter video, this time less than 15 secs as I had read that it can allow the use of copyrighted music, however the exact same result as above.

Do any other people use copyrighted music without any YouTube restrictions?

Thanks

Firstly, why are you trying to do this? YouTube has a database of free music you can use without restrictions, so there is no need to try to do what you are doing. Secondly, what you are doing is trying to make money from someone else's work and deprive them of compensation. Not cool man. Not cool at all.

Go to YouTube's Creator Music database and find some music to use from there. If you have a TubeBuddy Pro subscription, you have access to thousands of free copyright-free music to us via your TubeBuddy account. There is no reason to try to take another creator's work.