• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Why have my viewing figures plummeted ?.

The_Ratbasher

I've been enjoying pretty ( what I would call impressive for a complete noob ) good viewing figures on my channel.
But. Over the last few weeks the figures have dropped from several thousand views, down to a couple of hundred at most ?.
I haven't changed anything. The figures just died.
Is this something I'm doing wrong ?. Do the Youtube Gods hate me ?.
I'm just an old fart trying to give myself some purpose in my twilight years, but this is totally baffling me ?.
Any ideas folks ?. ( please don't get too technical, as I get nosebleeds just switching my computer on !. LOL )

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey @The_Ratbasher. I was looking around your channel and the only thing I can think of that could have created this result for you is that perhaps for a short period of time this type of content was trending. But perhaps the trend died down a bit and now the numbers are much lower. I would suggest looking into the analytics of the ones that did really good and see what was making them watchable and compare them to the last few that didn't do so well to see if a pattern forms that could point to what might have happened.

And no, I don't think the YouTube Gods got something against you. You've only been consistently uploading for about 4 months and considering you only have about 36 videos in a 4 month span I am actually quite impressed you got that many views so early in the channel. I say look at the trends related to your content and see if maybe they might have shifted a bit and perhaps you may have to consider shifting with it. Sometimes it's a thing all content creators have to eventually deal with. And seeing as you're in the early stages of your channel you should be able to make adjustments to the content without hurting your current standing with the algorithm.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Xavier De Buck

Instrumentals Club

Thanks BraveStarr - still a Youtube newbie so still trying to understand how the YT stats work. Will undoubtedly be asking my own questions very soon!

DreadNarratives

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I've been enjoying pretty ( what I would call impressive for a complete noob ) good viewing figures on my channel.
But. Over the last few weeks the figures have dropped from several thousand views, down to a couple of hundred at most ?.
I haven't changed anything. The figures just died.
Is this something I'm doing wrong ?. Do the Youtube Gods hate me ?.
I'm just an old fart trying to give myself some purpose in my twilight years, but this is totally baffling me ?.
Any ideas folks ?. ( please don't get too technical, as I get nosebleeds just switching my computer on !. LOL )
Remember that these fluctuations are normal on YouTube, and many creators experience ups and downs. It's not necessarily something you're doing wrong, and the "YouTube Gods" certainly don't hate you! Continue creating content that you're passionate about, engage with your viewers, and be patient. Over time, your views may start to pick up again.

LoFi Rising

Remember that these fluctuations are normal on YouTube, and many creators experience ups and downs. It's not necessarily something you're doing wrong, and the "YouTube Gods" certainly don't hate you! Continue creating content that you're passionate about, engage with your viewers, and be patient. Over time, your views may start to pick up again.

LoFi Rising

IΓÇÖve had the same experience, Ratbasher. IΓÇÖve watched my little channel ΓÇö chillhop & lofi playlistsΓÇö gradually grow organically over the past few years, going from a few hundred views to 1,000 or more views. A few months ago my views suddenly dropped back to a few hundred and are staying around that level. I donΓÇÖt understand why this happened. Someone said YT is suppressing views to control rogue algorithms or something like that. Anyone know why this happens?