• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gaming Channel Tales of an Industry Nobody

Square Pegs

Subscriber Goal
User name: Square Pegs
Title of introduction: Tales of an Industry Nobody
Your name/ Alias: Jay from Square Pegs (or just Jay, that's fine, too!)
Where are you from? Kalamazoo, MI
How did you find TubeBuddy? I discovered TubeBuddy via Nick Nimmin
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? Honestly, I was running into an error and was going to post on a support forum, but the error cleaned itself up before I could get to it. And since I'd already signed up, I figured why not hang out and talk to folks? :)
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: Honestly, I've already accomplished so much more than I ever thought possible when I first started. But the more I do it, the more I realize how much I just really enjoy talking about games with folks. I'd like to be able to do that full time.
How frequently do you upload? Tuesdays and Fridays for long form, Shorts when I take the time to do them.
What are your hobbies? Writing, video games, cooking, watching ice hockey
What is your biggest dream? I'd like to have a book published. Whether it's fiction or non-fiction doesn't really matter, I just enjoy writing and would like to have something out there of mine for people to read.
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAw79rqWGPb48n6QR13aDqg

OP
OP
Square Pegs

Square Pegs

Subscriber Goal
So - why 'Tales of an Industry Nobody'? I actually worked in the gaming industry for the better part of a decade in Quality Assurance, eventually making my way up to department senior management. It was a childhood dream come true - and while the industry and I have gone down different paths, that time in gaming has led to a 20+ year career in software QA and an appreciation of the development process. And while being an 'Industry Nobody' is equal parts tongue in cheek and 100% accurate, it's that love of the industry and a lifelong love of video games that led to me creating the channel in 2019.

Games are good. We should play more games. :)

DreadNarratives

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hey Jay, welcome to the TubeBuddy forums! It's awesome to have someone with your unique background and passion for the gaming industry here. Your channel's concept, "Tales of an Industry Nobody," sounds fascinating. Your experience in Quality Assurance and the gaming industry is a valuable perspective, and it's great to hear you're enjoying talking about games with others.

The dream of having a book published is fantastic, and with your writing skills and dedication, I'm sure you'll achieve it. In the meantime, keep sharing your gaming stories and insights on your channel. Your love for games is evident, and that's something many gamers can connect with. Cheers to more gaming and discussions on your channel!