• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Thumbnail for cooking videos

IntheKitchenwithOly

Subscriber Goal
I upload cooking tutorial videos and use the same template for my thumbnails. Not sure if it stands out? What should I add or change? The pictures are from my first and most recent video. Any and all feedback will be appreciated :blush:

Attachments

• Green Simple Polaroid Photo Frame Travel Youtube Thumbnail.jpg
    Green Simple Polaroid Photo Frame Travel Youtube Thumbnail.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Green Simple Polaroid Photo Frame Travel Youtube Thumbnail(2).png
    Green Simple Polaroid Photo Frame Travel Youtube Thumbnail(2).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 113

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I upload cooking tutorial videos and use the same template for my thumbnails. Not sure if it stands out? What should I add or change? The pictures are from my first and most recent video. Any and all feedback will be appreciated :blush:
They're good as a starting point as they utilise colour, angles etc but the French Toast is looking a bit washed out/overexposed.
I would say you could read the book How to Photograph Food which is an amazing read and heaps to teach but also YouTube tutorials as well.
It just comes down to practice and developing your style.
Just my two cents on it.

Reactions: IntheKitchenwithOly

mimmo academy

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
what app you are using to making them?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
They're good as a starting point as they utilise colour, angles etc but the French Toast is looking a bit washed out/overexposed.
I would say you could read the book How to Photograph Food which is an amazing read and heaps to teach but also YouTube tutorials as well.
Just my two cents on it.

I agree. The food images are a bit washed out. Perhaps a bit of improvement on the food images would be a great way to start. My other advice, make the food the main focus of the thumbnails. While the half and half style looks good, I would suggest more of a 30/70 look. Make the food space bigger and the text/description area a bit smaller. That way the food will get the eats of potential viewers first. Hope this helps.

Reactions: IntheKitchenwithOly

mimmo academy

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I agree. The food images are a bit washed out. Perhaps a bit of improvement on the food images would be a great way to start. My other advice, make the food the main focus of the thumbnails. While the half and half style looks good, I would suggest more of a 30/70 look. Make the food space bigger and the text/description area a bit smaller. That way the food will get the eats of potential viewers first. Hope this helps.
Could you please post some example here

Baumi

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Grün ist sehr einfach, ich würde eine auffälligere Farbe wählen, wenn Sie in der Nische wirklich hervorstechen möchten.

OP
OP
IntheKitchenwithOly

IntheKitchenwithOly

Subscriber Goal
Just my two cents on it.
Really sorry for the late response, I was on holiday, but I'm back now :blush:
Appreciate the feedback, had never heard of the book but will look it up. Thank you so much :)

OP
OP
IntheKitchenwithOly

IntheKitchenwithOly

Subscriber Goal
Apologies for the late response, I was on holiday, but I'm back now :blush:
The example you gave is reeeeeeally helpful. I'll try the 30/70 approach on my next thumbnail, and see how it goes! Really, appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much :)

Reactions: BraveStar
OP
OP
IntheKitchenwithOly

IntheKitchenwithOly

Subscriber Goal
Grün ist sehr einfach, ich würde eine auffälligere Farbe wählen, wenn Sie in der Nische wirklich hervorstechen möchten.
Entschuldigung für die späte Antwort, ich war im Urlaub :blush:.
Grün ist das Thema meiner „Marke“, aber ich werde mit dem nächsten Miniaturbild experimentieren und sehen, was passiert. Ich habe Google Translate verwendet und hoffe, dass dies Sinn ergibt. Schätzen Sie Ihren Rat, vielen Dank :)

Baumi

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Red, green and yellow are very eye-catching, according to a study on youtube. You just have to find the right tone of the 3 colors.