• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Official Let's Talk About YouTube Strategy Questions And Answer

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello my awesome Community Members.

I'm BraveStarEB, one of your community moderators. I've been around this community for more than 3 years now so I know my way around this place and I know most of the most common questions our members, old and new, are looking answers for. I also know many of our members have good advice they have either learned themselves through trial and error or asking/listening to the pros.

"How do I grow my channel?" This is one of the most common questions we get on here. The answer is always the same: "Know your audience, make good content and have a ton of patience". This is how you grow a channel. If you follow this plan you stand a better chance at growing your channel. But bare in mind this isn't a guaranteed plan, there is no secret sauce, no magic trick and no lucky charms that will make becoming an overnight success or even a slightly fast one. Trial and error with a dose of patience is the only way to find success.

"Why are my subs going down?" Another common question, mostly for new channels. YouTube does a lot of purges monthly, getting rid of abandoned accounts, locked accounts and fake/bot accounts. More often then not these are the subs most channels lose in large quantities. Especially new channels. There are also subscribers that subscribed because they liked one video only to realize they might not have been interested in the rest and sometimes just unsubscribe. This can happen. You as a viewer yourself have likely done this as well. Don't take it personal. Just move forward and keep trying.

"How do I make better videos?" This one is easy. Trial and error. Most creators aren't pros at editing videos from the start. The best way to learn is by, well, doing the work. Edit your videos, upload them, read the analytics and see what works and what doesn't, go back to the editing board and apply what you've learned ad try again. The more you try the better you'll get. Watch videos from pros who show you how to do good editing, show tricks and teach how to improve the quality. In essence, pay attention to your audience. they'll tell you, either through comments or your analytics, what they like and what they don't like. It's up to you to either listen or just keeping do your thing and hope it eventually works.

There are tons more questions out there. What you need to do is post them here, in this forum. Find the right section and ask. And if you can provide and answer to someone's question the do it. Not only are you giving someone a hand, but you're exposing your channel to them and anyone else who reads the post. You might just find someone interested in your content. That's why we always recommend our members to ensure their channel is properly set up in the profile like the image below and also include a nice signature like mine showing who you are and what you're channel is about. Every chance you can get to promote yourself without violating the community guidelines and rules is a plus for your success.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. You just might find the answers that could help your channel grow. Good luck.

2023-06-24 12 17 01.png

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
"How do I make better videos?"
Get "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck," by Steve Stockman. If you do everything it says, you're video will be an order of magnitude better. Most people do things that make their video almost impossible to watch. If you simply eliminate things that make your video hard to watch, and only include things that make you video easier to watch, then your videos will improve in almost every metric that matters.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Get "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck," by Steve Stockman. If you do everything it says, you're video will be an order of magnitude better. Most people do things that make their video almost impossible to watch. If you simply eliminate things that make your video hard to watch, and only include things that make you video easier to watch, then you videos will improve in almost every metric that matters.

Book reading is my kryptonite. So I got this instead. :) Great advice.

Screenshot_20230626-202902.png