• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion YouTube is hard and I am losing motivation

EwanArnolda

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hi all,
I am finding YouTube very hard and simply losing the motivation to continue. I spend so much time creating and uploading.

Maybe my content is not what people are looking for.

Rather be spending time with my kids than stressing over creating content for my channel.

Apologies for the rant.

How do you guys handle this?

Thanks

DreadNarratives

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hi all,
I am finding YouTube very hard and simply losing the motivation to continue. I spend so much time creating and uploading.

Rather be spending time with my kids than stressing over creating content for my channel.

Apologies for the rant.

Thanks
I completely understand how the challenges of managing a YouTube channel can be overwhelming, especially with the time and effort it demands. If you're feeling like your content might not be hitting the mark or if it's causing more stress than enjoyment, it's okay to take a step back and reconsider your approach. Prioritizing quality time with your kids is always important, and you can return to creating content when it feels right for you. Remember, YouTube should be a platform for expressing your interests and passions, so it's crucial that it brings you joy rather than stress. Take care!

Blissful Connections

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Hi all,

Apologies for the rant.

Thanks

Hello! No need to apologize. I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. I understand the feeling so my humble advice is to balance your time out with things you love doing while setting aside the time that you can to continue creating on your channel. Remain true to yourself and when placing your precious kids first, everything else tends to truly line up based on what's most important to you. Perspective is everything! Focus on the dedicated subscribers you have and in time your channel will grow. I wish you more success than you can imagine in due time! Take care!

lylawa

Taking action might pose a challenge, but don't lose hope. Endeavor to discover content that is more accessible to a wider audience.

DutchKarting

TubeBuddy Legend
www.dutchkarting.eu
Subscriber Goal
  1. Reflect on Your Content: Take a step back and evaluate your content. Consider seeking feedback from your audience or peers to understand what resonates with them and what improvements can be made.
  2. Reassess Your Goals: Revisit your initial goals for starting the channel. Are they realistic and achievable? Adjusting your expectations can alleviate some of the pressure.
  3. Prioritize Family Time: Family always comes first. If creating content is causing too much stress, consider scaling back or finding a more manageable schedule that allows you to spend quality time with your kids.
  4. Explore Different Formats: Experiment with different content formats or topics. It's possible that a slight shift in focus could rekindle your passion and attract a new audience.
  5. Connect with Other Creators: Reach out to fellow YouTubers who may have experienced similar challenges. Their insights and support can be invaluable during tough times.
  6. Take Breaks: It's okay to take breaks from content creation. Stepping away for a while can help you recharge and come back with a fresh perspective.
  7. Seek Support: Share your feelings with friends, family, or online communities. Sometimes, just talking about your challenges can provide a new perspective or solutions.

I think this is the best way to get motivation back on track and to improve your YT channel. You can also check your videos on keywords and tags to improve more views on the long term with the Keyword Explorer from TubeBuddy.

KittyTobias

TubeBuddy Pro
www.instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi all,

Apologies for the rant.

Thanks
How many months have you been dedicated to growing your youtube channel?

UlterMonster

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
It is a long hard road never give up and always push forward you got this