Affiliate Question Best Time to Publish - Why?

Safari Virtual

New User
TubeBuddy User
Two questions about the "Best Time to Publish" feature of Tubebuddy:

1) So for my demographic (14-20yo males), the best time to publish is Tuesday at 8:00pm, according to TubeBuddy. I understand this is when they are most active. My question is, why is it best to be uploaded at 8pm, when I could publish at 4pm. I get the views from the people online at 4pm, and the video will still be in people's sub boxes when 8pm comes around. BASICALLY -- why not publish it before the Best Time to Publish?

2) Why do you guys suppose Tuesday evening is the best time for males age 14-20? Why tuesday? Normally, I'd think Friday.

Maxemole

New User
I think that just seems to be the time where most of the demographic is viewing videos. I think it could be argued that you are better off doing it at 4pm and then having those views as well as the ones you would get at 8pm.

OP
OP
Safari Virtual

Safari Virtual

New User
TubeBuddy User
I think that just seems to be the time where most of the demographic is viewing videos. I think it could be argued that you are better off doing it at 4pm and then having those views as well as the ones you would get at 8pm.
I'm experimenting with it. I've uploaded one before the time, and today I'm going to upload a video at the exact time.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I never realized TB had this XD Wow.

Says the best time to publish for my channel is Friday at 4 PM, which actually matches up with my current schedule of M, W, F o_o where I upload around 3:30 PM

They say to upload an hour before the peak point. Also, some people might have a lot of subscriptions so uploading at 4 PM when they get on at 8 PM, there might've been a lot more videos that overtake their sub box by then and they might forget that you even uploaded a video.

Ninja614

TubeBuddy Star
For what it's worth, I've noticed TubeBuddy's best time to publish tool hasn't been very accurate. I think this is because my channel is rather small and so the relative amount of "engagement" I get for my videos (which is what TubeBuddy uses to determine the best time to publish) is my friends and family. Their patterns of engagement aren't necessarily indicative of YouTube's audience as a whole. I seem to get better initial views and overall 'through-put' when I follow a more standardized "prime-time" schedule that bases the idea on posting a video to YouTube a few hours before the typical US Prime-Time (where I'm located).

That schedule looks more like this:
Monday - Wednesday: 2p - 4p
Thursday - Friday: 12p - 3p
Saturday - Sunday: 9a - 11a

I assume TubeBuddy's Best Time to Upload tool would be more accurate for larger channels who have a better sampling of data for engagement with random YouTube users vs. a handful of faithful family and friends.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
For what it's worth, I've noticed TubeBuddy's best time to publish tool hasn't been very accurate. I think this is because my channel is rather small and so the relative amount of "engagement" I get for my videos (which is what TubeBuddy uses to determine the best time to publish) is my friends and family. Their patterns of engagement aren't necessarily indicative of YouTube's audience as a whole. I seem to get better initial views and overall 'through-put' when I follow a more standardized "prime-time" schedule that bases the idea on posting a video to YouTube a few hours before the typical US Prime-Time (where I'm located).

That schedule looks more like this:
Monday - Wednesday: 2p - 4p
Thursday - Friday: 12p - 3p
Saturday - Sunday: 9a - 11a

I assume TubeBuddy's Best Time to Upload tool would be more accurate for larger channels who have a better sampling of data for engagement with random YouTube users vs. a handful of faithful family and friends.
That last statement is pretty much true. I have found a lot more success with it the larger I got, and I average about 33% of my channel views from subscribers and it helps me get a good initial boost out the gate.

ShuriBear

TubeBuddy User
Depends on your audience as well tbf. I shifted from a lot of viewers in Scandinavia (especially Sweden and Norway) to a lot of viewers from America. So I shifted a bit with my time. I publish now on 6PM CET+1. The reason for this is that it's a nice time for Europeans because they are just home from work/school and around this time the East Coast of America has just their lunchbreak (assuming they have lunch around 12PM of course). For parodies which have a "random release date" they most likely get published at 3PM CET+1, because somehow in my analytics it shows it works the best for these kinds of videos.

Doug

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
youtube.com
I think this feature is "neat" but it's important to realize it's also probably skewed heavily towards what you ARE doing vs. what you should do. For example, if you ALWAYS publish at 10:30 am - that's when people are getting notified of a new video, and engagement is bound to go up a bit then. So it is a bit of a leading indicator. The DAY part of the recommendation is perhaps less affected by this.