• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Do you find my channel helpful, engaging, valuable and interesting? What can I do to improve it?

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
User name: sanja_psychologist
Title of thread: Do you find my channel helpful, engaging, valuable and interesting? What can I do to improve it?
Self review: I do my best to create meaningful engaging videos but videos doesn't reach audience. (I just came back after a year of pausing my channel, because I was discouraged...I still am...)
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/@selfclarityacademy/featured
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/47977/post-169984

fatosinteressantes

Hi there, let me try to give my opinion on your channel. I am no expert.

Your channel looks excellent and the content is 100% genuine and exciting, but there is 1 thing I would improve (my personal opinion, maybe someone disagrees with this or maybe not).

Thumbnails - I believe you need to improve your thumbnails. You have great things on your channel like, you and your presence, the subjects and videos are interesting for your niche, but the Thumbnail and titles are the most important so that people click on your video, if they like what's inside or not, it is another deal.

Try to make simple yet better thumbnails, for example: put a contrasting background with a big picture on the right side (transparent picture background). Write what the video is all about in 2 lines (small lines with big letters) but make it intriguing. You do not need to put the whole title on the thumbnail, just the idea and that this idea brings people. Example: Writing motivation video: Write, work and study with me + Inspirational music for creative writing
The title is too big in my opinion and the thumbnail is: Writing Motivation with small letters in the middle of the screen and probably hard to read on mobiles, also besides the writing saying what the video is, it is not intriguing in my opinion. Then you have some more stuff that is hidden behind the video time.

So, try to put your face on the right side with some expression on it, as an example you set the thumbnail writing something like "Are you Motivated to Write?" (so that you try to attract who is going through your thumbnail), this is just examples, maybe you will come up with better ideas.

And see the results, you can also try the AB thumbnail tester from Tubebuddy and check which thumbnail will perform better.

Hope it helped.

Reactions: ClaraSais

Enda Trading

TubeBuddy User
I just think looking at all the videos on one page the text in the Thumbnails needs to stand out more, the colors on the thumbnail are two similar, I would use a stronger color on the text background and make sure the text is bigger and in bolder. if your using light mode your thumbnails are too white and will not stick out.

Also on the Channel Banner, It's difficult to read the joined writing even on a desktop.

This is just my honest opinion and here to help, good luck!

StayDads

Hi Sanja, I find your channel super relaxing and feel good. As I am a non-native English speaker, maybe your voice is too soft and needs a little more punch for me to understand better. I wish you success in your quest.
Best,

Amie43

Subscriber Goal
HI Sanja, zemljakinjo! :) Well, since most on the forum speak English, I will comment in English. Your channel is beautiful. I absolutely love it. Keep it up. I struggled finding you with the link you provided. Some other channels popped up. So, perhaps changing the handle to something more unique to you would make it easier to be found. I literally had to search sanja self academy in order to find you. Since the content is not a problem, and you can fix other stuff people mentioned, I think searchability is your most likely major issue. I love self development, and am subbing! Puno pozdrava i mnogo uspjeha!

ioio

Subscriber Goal
Hi sanja! I am no Youtube expert but I am a business coach and I feel close to your niche/channel so here are my honest thoughts!

To keep and do more of:
- Keep showing your face, like you're doing in the reels and your free courses!
- Keep videos short and about one topic
- Do more openings with a 'hook' statement

To improve or remove:
- Intro on your longer videos: I would say complete remove, 10 seconds is already too long, jump to the topic right away OR open your video with the best part of your video, then do a short transition and then start your video from the beginning!
- Your channel says it's about self-clarity - keep using that word throughout your videos and become known for self-clarity. That way all the topics you cover (the titles you use) will help us undersand that the goal is to develop our self-clarity! (currently the 'goal' of your channel isn't felt as much, to me at least!)
- Video quality - not sure ifsome of your video's are reposts (because my reposts tend to lower in video quality so i get it), but the quality is fuzzy on some, i'd say have more videos where your video is crisp and lighting is brighter!
- Keep posting, don't give up!

Good luck!

OP
OP
sanja_psychologist

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
Hi there, let me try to give my opinion on your channel. I am no expert.

Your channel looks excellent and the content is 100% genuine and exciting, but there is 1 thing I would improve (my personal opinion, maybe someone disagrees with this or maybe not).

Thumbnails - I believe you need to improve your thumbnails. You have great things on your channel like, you and your presence, the subjects and videos are interesting for your niche, but the Thumbnail and titles are the most important so that people click on your video, if they like what's inside or not, it is another deal.

Try to make simple yet better thumbnails, for example: put a contrasting background with a big picture on the right side (transparent picture background). Write what the video is all about in 2 lines (small lines with big letters) but make it intriguing. You do not need to put the whole title on the thumbnail, just the idea and that this idea brings people. Example: Writing motivation video: Write, work and study with me + Inspirational music for creative writing
The title is too big in my opinion and the thumbnail is: Writing Motivation with small letters in the middle of the screen and probably hard to read on mobiles, also besides the writing saying what the video is, it is not intriguing in my opinion. Then you have some more stuff that is hidden behind the video time.

So, try to put your face on the right side with some expression on it, as an example you set the thumbnail writing something like "Are you Motivated to Write?" (so that you try to attract who is going through your thumbnail), this is just examples, maybe you will come up with better ideas.

And see the results, you can also try the AB thumbnail tester from Tubebuddy and check which thumbnail will perform better.

Hope it helped.
Thank you so much for such detailed review :) I appreciate it a lot and I will apply what you say :) I already did here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwBudjHcW_M&t=46s

OP
OP
sanja_psychologist

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
HI Sanja, zemljakinjo! :) Well, since most on the forum speak English, I will comment in English. Your channel is beautiful. I absolutely love it. Keep it up. I struggled finding you with the link you provided. Some other channels popped up. So, perhaps changing the handle to something more unique to you would make it easier to be found. I literally had to search sanja self academy in order to find you. Since the content is not a problem, and you can fix other stuff people mentioned, I think searchability is your most likely major issue. I love self development, and am subbing! Puno pozdrava i mnogo uspjeha!
Hvala draga zemljakinjo :) I am so glad you found me and thank you for suggestions. I hope you will stay a subscriber for a long time, since I will not quit you friends encouraged me :)

OP
OP
sanja_psychologist

sanja_psychologist

Subscriber Goal
Hi sanja! I am no Youtube expert but I am a business coach and I feel close to your niche/channel so here are my honest thoughts!

To keep and do more of:
- Keep showing your face, like you're doing in the reels and your free courses!
- Keep videos short and about one topic
- Do more openings with a 'hook' statement

To improve or remove:
- Intro on your longer videos: I would say complete remove, 10 seconds is already too long, jump to the topic right away OR open your video with the best part of your video, then do a short transition and then start your video from the beginning!
- Your channel says it's about self-clarity - keep using that word throughout your videos and become known for self-clarity. That way all the topics you cover (the titles you use) will help us undersand that the goal is to develop our self-clarity! (currently the 'goal' of your channel isn't felt as much, to me at least!)
- Video quality - not sure ifsome of your video's are reposts (because my reposts tend to lower in video quality so i get it), but the quality is fuzzy on some, i'd say have more videos where your video is crisp and lighting is brighter!
- Keep posting, don't give up!

Good luck!
Thank you do much ioio for this long straight to the point answer. I love this point: " Your channel says it's about self-clarity - keep using that word throughout your videos and become known for self-clarity" and I think it can be applied to all creators, we should be more specific :) I will apply your suggestions :)

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Hey there! I have just looked at your channel and you are doing really well! Your audio and video is clear which is perfect! You have no long intros which loose peoples attention! From our experience we have gained since starting I would suggest a few things, small tweaks strating at the top working our way down! The header picture is lovely but the sub heading line may be hard to read to some people. Its also good because you get to the point and tell people who you are and what the channel is about! Moving down I would make use of playlists to divide your content into categories/subjects and give each playlist a strong description to tell people what it is about. You could have a latest content playlist at the top to show of your newest videos. Some people have their most popular videos in a playlist or sorted so they show first. I can see you are using the community tab which is awesome. So many people under use it and yet it is such a great tool with connecting with your audience. As you grow you will find (from our experience) it will gain more traction. Your analytics will also help yoi to identify which videos are performing well, what content people like etc. Keep up th great work @sanja_psychologist

• Love
Reactions: sanja_psychologist

ViralBooM704

Subscriber Goal
Great channel. Your audio and video is wonderful, yet sometimes your music may seem a little louder than your voice, your so soft spoken, and have a beautiful voice but its different, sometimes hard to understand, so if the music is louder, makes it a little hard to hear you. Its not a channel I would follow, just because I need the upbeat, crazy channels for myself But I do see how this channel would be beneficial for many, and how many would enjoy it. I wish you the best, keep pounding and never give up. Your doing great! xoxo

• Love
Reactions: sanja_psychologist