• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Does the google update affect the algorithm on youtube?

Hello all,

I am new to the forum, I have been posting shorts for about three weeks now with some good results, which I post daily.

However I noticed a decline yesterday which I expected I don't expect views to surpass every prior short video, but today I noticed zero views on my latest one which I thought was odd.
I can see google is doing a core update and wondered if this is affecting the algorithm perhaps, are you seeing anything similar I would love to hear back from you?

Thanks for your time.

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I doubt it, it's probably just typical shorts rollercoaster performance. I've had shorts with only a few views as well. But.... even though in the past I've been a big supporter of shorts, I'm starting to think for channels that will never be monetized from shorts (10 million views in the last 90 days) shorts may be a waste of time. On one of my channels I removed all my shorts and even though views are way down, my views/subs ratio is much lower, which is a good thing imop.

Hello

That you've been writing frequently and getting some good results is wonderful to hear. Regarding the recent drop in views you've observed, it's plausible that the Google core update is having an effect on visibility and the algorithm. Numerous content producers have encountered changes throughout these updates. It would be advisable to monitor it and carry on interacting with the community. Don't give up because these adjustments aren't always permanent. Stay strong and maybe things will get better soon! Please let me know if you have any other queries or worries.

Regards
David Warner
Prestige Rock Cliff Amenities

prestigerockcliff

Hello

That you've been writing frequently and getting some good results is wonderful to hear. Regarding the recent drop in views you've observed, it's plausible that the Google core update is having an effect on visibility and the algorithm. Numerous content producers have encountered changes throughout these updates. It would be advisable to monitor it and carry on interacting with the community. Don't give up because these adjustments aren't always permanent. Stay strong and maybe things will get better soon! Please let me know if you have any other queries or worries.

Regards
Prestige Rock Cliff
Prestige Rock Cliff

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Stuff like that is going to have zero impact on video performance.